Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's hungry to come to an absolute basket case of a club who's fans walk out after 27 minutes? Any self respecting young manager wouldn't come here because he knows the answer to all our woes lays with the experts on his forum.
That was a small number of perfidious idiots.

That sort of kopite type behaviour is not pervasive amongst our fan-base.

Who is next after Benitez isn’t the question we should be asking ourselves but who is next after the next manager, this board have started us on a spiral of decline where we hire managers on a whim and then allow them just.enough time to waste millions before sacking them to save their own skin.
It is time to look at the illness not at the symptom.

I still think Rafá Benitez will turn things around for us but if he can't and he gets the bullet, then Graham Potter. We need a straightforward, down to earth, bread and butter Manager to re-establish a platform/foundation for Everton to move forward from.

That said, I know we are five points from 18th place Burnley, but we are still only six points away from 7th place Man United. So let's not panic just yet.

#lesspanicmoresupport

Mourinho emerging as a potential replacement makes sense in that Moshiri is a naive simpleton always enamoured by prestigious names that are usually not a compatible fit with the club while also on the wane. But that's when hes not buying into the hype of up and comers who reveal themselves as mediocre. I'm actually dubious though , as Mourinho the demanding curmudgeon would unleash an unending series of scathing tirades on the board that would eventually escalate into the savage murder of bill if he was handed a measly 2 million dollars for transfers.

Mourinho emerging as a potential replacement makes sense in that Moshiri is a naive simpleton always enamoured by prestigious names that are usually not a compatible fit with the club while also on the wane. But that's when hes not buying into the hype of up and comers who reveal themselves as mediocre. I'm actually dubious though , as Mourinho the demanding curmudgeon would unleash an unending series of scathing tirades on the board that would eventually escalate into the savage murder of bill if he was handed a measly 2 million dollars for transfers.

And that is a bad thing because?....

I’m not a huge fan of R.A.F.A, but I’ve never known a manager suffer with so many injuries. Even Pickford has been out this season! We really
missed the likes of
Digne, Doucoure (desperately!) and we are of course still missing our best defender (Mina) and our only centre-forward Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

The media has mocked our fan-base mercilessly today because some blues left the derby after just 19 minutes. One pundit said our fans were the worst in the world! That is a ludicrous overreaction because it was only a tiny number that left. When it was 2-1 and we nearly equalised I thought “I bet they’re regretting leaving so early”.It really looked like we might get something out of the game. Sadly their decision turned out to be vindicated. Had they stayed to cheer our team on, though, the outcome of the match might have been different. It might have given our lads a lift.

Or more likely, if they'd stayed and cheered on our team they would have had to share in the miserable, depressing spectacle of another Rafä inspired morale sapping shambolic defeat.

Another week of Rafá, another defeat .....nothing changes

Crippling injury lists are a perennial event at Everton ...and some other clubs tbf....it's nothing new, everyone of his predecessors had the same problems

What is different is the way the tactical mastermind in charge now has miserably failed In any shape or form to cope and is even now possibly plotting a course to inevitable relegation.

Get Rafá out now! Put the tea lady in charge of you must.

1 - I cant see Mourinho leaving Roma after 6 months in charge
2 - He definitely wouldnt be interested in our mess, especially as we cant spend any money
3 - I dont think this board will sack the FSW, can we afford to. His contract is reported to be 2 years with the option of a 3rd, to buy out the year and a half he has left would be c£12m. We cant afford that...

I would love a guy like Mourinho, TBH he simply can not do any worse than previous managers, he would call out the dross and the players hiding in this squad. All other managers have backed them publicly and they have then subsequently thrown every manager under the bus.

Someone strong to come in and bring a winning mentality and set the club up to be successful like what he had at Chelsea, Real and Inter. Mourinho would not accept the signings of Iwobi, Rondon & Tosun.

It wont happen and I think IF Benitez goes he will be replaced by a Lampard or Potter type which is against Moshiri`s MO.

Lampard all day

Our only option is young, unproven and let them become a top manager. No top manager is coming here.
I'm not a huge fan of Lampard but I think it would be a smart choice particularly as he would know who the best young players are at Chelsea and we could potentially get some bargains. When he was at Derby he took the best Chelsea youth players and gave them experience and helped launch a few careers, if he did he same here the squad would be in a lot better shape when he is inevitably sacked after 18 months!

If we're going for another mid 00s CL winner i'd rather we go full gamble and get Rikjaard

Jose Mourinho (58)

Worlds best coach x4 - 2003 Porto, 2004 Chelsea, 2009 Inter, 2011 Real Madrid

Champions League x 2 - 2004 Porto, 2010 Inter
UEFA Cup x 1 - 2003 Porto
Europa League x 1 - 2017 Man Utd
UEFA Super Cup - 1 with Barcelona on the staff in 1998

Premier League x 3 - 2005, 2006, 2015 Chelsea
FA Cup x 1 - 2007 Chelsea
League Cup x 4 - 2005, 2007, 2015 Chelsea, 2017 Man Utd
Charity Shield x 2 - 2006 Chelsea, 2017 Man Utd

Spanish La Liga x 1 - 2012 Real Madrid + 2 with Barcelona on the staff in 1998 & 1999
Spanish Cup x 1 - Real Madrid 2011 + 2 with Barcelona on the staff in 1997 & 1998
Spanish Super Cup x 1 - Real Madrid 2013 + 1 with Barcelona on the staff in 1997

Italian Serie A x 2 - 2009, 2010 Inter
Italian Cup x1 - 2010 Inter
Italian Super Cup x 1, 2009 Inter

Portugese League x 2 - 2003, 2004 Porto
Portugese Cup x 2 - 1994, 2003 Porto
Portugese Super Cup x 2 - 1993 Porto, 2003 Porto

Major Honours = 32 plus 4 best coach of the year, last cup win in 2017 (4 Years ago) with Europa League and Charity Shield. Sides managed since Spurs & Roma

Everton Major Honours = 18 from since 1878 (143 years), last win 1995 FA Cup (27 years ago)

I think he just needs to be loved to unlock that sort of winning potential, if given the chance why would you not want that....

1638703546232.png

Mourinho, Ancelotti and Benitez were all at their peak around 2005.

Out of the three Ancelotti still has something but he was never that much of a tactical manager anyway and more of a man manager.

Fake news,

Mourinho was still winning trophies in 2012, 2015 and 2017. I`ve posted his full list of honours.... See above.

I dont think you should have posted this without proper research, you will sway other supporters using false information.

Status
Not open for further replies.