Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why Lampard?

He Failed to get a good Derby team promoted with help of Chelsea loans finished in the top 4 first season at Chelsea wow massive achievement i don't care about the transfer ban they have ridiculous depth 2nd season given 200m plus gets sacked midtable amazing CV that is

He also made strange decisions like not playing Rudiger isn't he their best cb now linked with the best clubs in the world?

Tuchel showed how poor he was within 2 months Lampard isn't the answer

I think the general assumption is that these managers are the future of this league…Arteta, Gerrard, Lampard etc.

I’m not saying he’s a good manager because I’m not convinced but I think he had the right ideas.

This winds me up. We hardly have the ball and then when we do. We lose it by defence launching it or players making stupid passes cos they have no easy options. Is this a tactic or just crap footballers

Difficult to play possession football when most of your players can’t handle the ball properly.

Coleman has a spoon where his right foot should be. Keane leathers it out of the field most games. Mina is ok.

Docuoure’s first touch is shocking and needs to be facing the right way when he gets it. Allan’s is little better. Gomes is probably the best when he can be arsed to pretend he’s a footballer. Gray’s is pretty good. Even DCL and Richarlison don’t have good first touches.

This lot can’t play passing football. A little bit broke out when we had James pulling the strings for a few games under Carlo but aside from that we’ve not seen any since Martinez’s first season. They can’t do it because their technique is nowhere near good enough. At the moment we can’t even manage the most basic passing routine of moving it along the back 4 and in and out of the holding mids. I wouldn’t put much money on it getting any further than Pickford to Coleman to Keane before one of them cocked up. People think we should be playing fluid passing football though, it’s not going to happen unless the players change, you can’t change the laws of physics, how do you play passing football with players who can’t look after the ball?!

Gordon, DCL and Gray can play fast football. Our midfield awful that the problem
Actually our midfield and our defence. Look at Keane. The very first PM game Rafael put us high up and then you need reliable players with good skills. Enter Keane. He tripped over a back pass, lost the ball and boom, goal. This happened several times with Holgate too under Ancelotti. You could make it more compact and a bit less high but then it needs to be a gelled team, but every other week other players occupy the same position. So no, no more high or mid placed defence and midfields. In a way Benitez knew this and increasingly lowered our team and our posession stats even vs average teams where inferior. A true counter attack team. But then we lost our true and only striker and got The Blob Rondon as target man. So no, too many problems and too little options. Like the other poster said, we need a year of dull defensive Burnley football to steady the ship and get rid of players like Keane. Then buy with vision. Get a DoF who knows what he does and know the PM. No more eredivisie idiots with only mickey mouse league experience.

Personally I think anyone suggesting a potential candidate with the surname Ancelotti needs to give their head a wobble. Short memories. Until the end of the season a Rooney/Ferguson combo will do what they have to do and keep us up. Start the longer term planning from now. Potter is the name.
If Potter is the name we will be playing 3/5 a the back permanently, not a fan of that system because once that is your preferred way of playing moving to other systems is much much more difficult.

Look at Wolves, Brighton and Chelsea when they`ve tried to play a back 4... We should be a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 team depending on what team we are playing, ultimately the only difference in this formation is pushing 1 CM higher in to the 10 position...

I think the general assumption is that these managers are the future of this league…Arteta, Gerrard, Lampard etc.

I’m not saying he’s a good manager because I’m not convinced but I think he had the right ideas.
Maybe I'm bias coz i don't like the guy I'd rather gamble on Rooney or Carrick than Lamps but that's just my opinion

Friends, long have we suffered. Felt the persecution of our fellow Evertonian's while disgusting fat men in badly fitting suits fill the dugout (Koeman, Allaradyce, Benitez, Unsworth).

But is finally our time to rise.

img_920x518$2013_04_06_10_43_00_776308.jpg

We need a handsome Portuguese man with an armband. One which we have already done due diligence on as our incompetent board will have done NO work on any potential Benitez replacements as of now! Rise fellow Team Vitor acolytes, our time has come again!

Difficult to play possession football when most of your players can’t handle the ball properly.

Coleman has a spoon where his right foot should be. Keane leathers it out of the field most games. Mina is ok.

Docuoure’s first touch is shocking and needs to be facing the right way when he gets it. Allan’s is little better. Gomes is probably the best when he can be arsed to pretend he’s a footballer. Gray’s is pretty good. Even DCL and Richarlison don’t have good first touches.

This lot can’t play passing football. A little bit broke out when we had James pulling the strings for a few games under Carlo but aside from that we’ve not seen any since Martinez’s first season. They can’t do it because their technique is nowhere near good enough. At the moment we can’t even manage the most basic passing routine of moving it along the back 4 and in and out of the holding mids. I wouldn’t put much money on it getting any further than Pickford to Coleman to Keane before one of them cocked up. People think we should be playing fluid passing football though, it’s not going to happen unless the players change, you can’t change the laws of physics, how do you play passing football with players who can’t look after the ball?!

It's sickening we have a squad who do can't pass the ball or have a good touch.

Gray and Gordon and Townsend and mina should start every game cos they can pass and move.

Monday 17th Jan 2022.

"Extensive global search, leaving no stone uncovered in pursuit of our new manager"

Thursday 3rd March 2022:
"Everton Football are delighted to announce the signing of our new manager. He will bring hard work, dedication and experience of the Premier League and knowledge of the North West.
skysports-steve-bruce-gary-neville_5551045.jpg

This winds me up. We hardly have the ball and then when we do. We lose it by defence launching it or players making stupid passes cos they have no easy options. Is this a tactic or just crap footballers

I think a bit of both. A formation that doesn't suit the players we have and playing players out of position.

We dont have the players for quick, intense football. teams like Villa and West Ham have squads that are so much better, with quality, expensive players. What do we have? Richarlisson and maybe Pickford. The rest is not good enough for swashbuckling fast passing football. We need a coach that makes us a compact and well organised defensive fortress and build from there until ffp gives us more air. We still need to jettison several big buck players like Keane, Iwobi, etc.

We've showed we can in stages. We have Gray, Richarlison and Gordon who can be direct. DCL a target man to play off and Doucoure who can be like a run away train when he gets going. We need to release Doucoure and have somebody sit.

But yeah, obviously bin the crap you mention

Status
Not open for further replies.