Who you think deserved a trophy, but never won one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groucho

Staff member
Just like it says on the tin really - which Everton personnel won nothing here, but probably deserved something at least to show for their efforts?

Mick Lyons - Mr Everton, often said he'd run through a brick wall for Everton. Nice that he was at least involved in the backroom set up when we won stuff though.

Tim Cahill - Cracking little bargain of a player at £1.5m, ran his socks off for us and appers to love us to this day. Also knew when to call it a day and leave, before he stank the place out.

Colin Harvey - yes I know he won stuff as a player, but I always wanted him to be successful as a manager too.

I was going to suggest David Moyes, because if we're honest, he did leave us in a much, much healthier position than when he came, but his comments while Man U manager have soured my opinion of him totally. Without those comments he'd have been on my list hough. Don't want him back either.

Just like it says on the tin really - which Everton personnel won nothing here, but probably deserved something at least to show for their efforts?

Mick Lyons - Mr Everton, often said he'd run through a brick wall for Everton. Nice that he was at least involved in the backroom set up when we won stuff though.

Tim Cahill - Cracking little bargain of a player at £1.5m, ran his socks off for us and appers to love us to this day. Also knew when to call it a day and leave, before he stank the place out.

Colin Harvey - yes I know he won stuff as a player, but I always wanted him to be successful as a manager too.

I was going to suggest David Moyes, because if we're honest, he did leave us in a much, much healthier position than when he came, but his comments while Man U manager have soured my opinion of him totally. Without those comments he'd have been on my list hough. Don't want him back either.
Technically speaking Groucho, Colin Harvey won the Charity Shield as manager - puts him on a par with Moyes at least.
Like you, it would have been outstanding if Colin had replicated his on-field prowess as manager.

As for players who won nowt, but served us well... Latchford, Thomas, MacKenzie, Arteta, Cahill, Lyons, Wood and sadly lots, lots more.

Sorry, I never really held the Charity Shield in high regard but if it means Harvey won a pot then I'll count it from this day on. Totally agree with Latchford too.

Never got the dislike from some toward Lineker - he's said recently that we were the best team he played for and didn't want to leave. Player contracts were different then, they had little say.

Status
Not open for further replies.