Who would you sell at the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
McCarthy (need to change our vibe and commit to something new). Give Besic/Ledson a chance so we have more threat other than Barkley from cm and less pressure on RB.

Brave of you to suggest this I was scared my head would be bitten off if I had posted that earlier.

No way would I sell Stones I'd just find a system or partner for him and improve other areas of the side.

Mirallas has been used everywhere he has not really had a fair chance he is basically a goal scorer. But I'd sell and move on.

This totally - it amazes me how keyboard warriors point to the obvious like Hibbert, Osman, Kone. They are the easy decisions; proper managers are marked by their ability to make the hard choices, getting rid of the players that are decent, played well or who will be loved somewhere else but for whatever reason will be replaced and team will improved as a result. Everton just aren't working at the moment, some fairly drastic changes are needed.

Who I would sell/contract ended? Barry McCarthy Kone Howard

Who will probably be sold/contract ended: Gibson, Mirallas, Stones, Lukaku, Howard, Pienaar, Osman

I'm putting it out there now that if Martinez ends the Everton careers of Gibson Mirallas and Pienaar I'll be angry. All three could still contribute to this squad.

Personally, I wouldn't resign any of the "deadwood" (we all know who)
Notewothy sales: Mirallas, Robles, McGeady, Howard, Kone

I'd sell Howard (gone) and Robles and buy a whole new quadrant of keepers in the summer; 1x A-grader, 1x young gun, 1x experienced past a-grader to help our current #1 and young gun.

Go on then will join in with the sillyness

Assuming we get rid of Martinez

Out
release - Gibson, Pienaar, Hibbert, Osman, Howard, McCaleny - those are the easy ones

sell -
McCarthy badly overated by us, a good player on his day - but doesn't have the consistancy or durability you need for the heart of the team, worth what we paid for him just about - but someone will probably pay 20m +
Barry completely a system player and we lose a lot to accomodate what he does well
too reliant on those two as a partnership and look hugely disjointed as soon as one of them is missing - they are not that good to be this reliant upon them, need to forge a new cm pairing for the future
Naisse - just don't think the lad is cut out for it at this level - sell before everyone else who may buy him off us figures out the exact same thing
Kone - utter rubbish
McGeady - more utter rubbish
Garbutt - won't ever step up to be a starter, and have better players as back ups

Who I would sell/contract ended? Barry McCarthy Kone Howard

Who will probably be sold/contract ended: Gibson, Mirallas, Stones, Lukaku, Howard, Pienaar, Osman

I'm putting it out there now that if Martinez ends the Everton careers of Gibson Mirallas and Pienaar I'll be angry. All three could still contribute to this squad.

I hope youre on a windup...

Gibson shouldnt be anywhere near the club
Pienaar likewise really
Mirallas shouldnt get in the squad again.

If those ars the type of people you want around the club then really its a good job you dont make any decisions at the club.

They should be 3 of the first batch out the door.

I hope youre on a windup...

Gibson shouldnt be anywhere near the club
Pienaar likewise really
Mirallas shouldnt get in the squad again.

If those ars the type of people you want around the club then really its a good job you dont make any decisions at the club.

They should be 3 of the first batch out the door.

What does that mean? Ok Gibson's off field problems are obvious but what's wrong with the other two?

What does that mean? Ok Gibson's off field problems are obvious but what's wrong with the other two?

Gibson and Pienaar both share a passion for misbehaving. Additionally Pienaar today quoted as saying he thinks its "unreasonable" to review his contract at season end after hes been injured 2+ seasons.....what goes around comes around. Hope his trip to spurs was worth it as he did the same if not worse to us.

As for Mirallas youre joking surely.

Gibson and Pienaar both share a passion for misbehaving. Additionally Pienaar today quoted as saying he thinks its "unreasonable" to review his contract at season end after hes been injured 2+ seasons.....what goes around comes around. Hope his trip to spurs was worth it as he did the same if not worse to us.

As for Mirallas youre joking surely.

Sounds like you just don't like these players. Your argument is completely unreasonable. When got and in form all these players are top performers for us.

Gibson had a driving misdemeanour. Presumably he's been punished by the club internally. Now he's fit to play so if Martinez expelled him on grounds of behaviour then the club should have terminated his contract. This hasn't happened so the only conclusion is he's not getting picked.

If you personally have a problem with him playing for us because of his discipline then that's your choice. He's by no means the only footballer with a question mark in this area. You'd get rid of half the players out there if you struck off the ones with disciplinary issues.

Mirallas was great in 13/14 and is a class above wide players like Kone and Cleverley. He's stupidly got sent off a few times but how is that any different to Barry? You just don't like him but we are drying out for goals from midfield and creativity, he brings both.

Pienaar has been brilliant for us and should have featured more when he's been fit. Again if you don't like him that's your choice but I hardly think I'm on a 'windup' by suggesting that three very good players shouldn't just be cast out of the squad by Martinez.

Sounds like you just don't like these players. Your argument is completely unreasonable. When got and in form all these players are top performers for us.

Gibson had a driving misdemeanour. Presumably he's been punished by the club internally. Now he's fit to play so if Martinez expelled him on grounds of behaviour then the club should have terminated his contract. This hasn't happened so the only conclusion is he's not getting picked.

If you personally have a problem with him playing for us because of his discipline then that's your choice. He's by no means the only footballer with a question mark in this area. You'd get rid of half the players out there if you struck off the ones with disciplinary issues.

Mirallas was great in 13/14 and is a class above wide players like Kone and Cleverley. He's stupidly got sent off a few times but how is that any different to Barry? You just don't like him but we are drying out for goals from midfield and creativity, he brings both.

Pienaar has been brilliant for us and should have featured more when he's been fit. Again if you don't like him that's your choice but I hardly think I'm on a 'windup' by suggesting that three very good players shouldn't just be cast out of the squad by Martinez.

So 2 players with criminal records = no problem for you then...one not wanting to play football (gibson) and another whose jumped off to play for spurs after letting his contract run down....today saying its unreasonable for the club to so the same...

Yeah ideal players....

Mirallas is not Barry im afraid...one is a defensive midfielder and the other is a winger who is a ticking time bomb who shot his mouth off to the press every chance he got then realised no club wanted him other than wham for £6mil.

3 players i hope are punted out asap...part of the problem and not a solution.

.....who we bring in is more important but there are a number of players who's contracts are up and if they were in the managers plans they would have been renewed by now. Probably need to learn a lesson from the Stones situation, I was chuffed we kept him but in hindsight it's probably not worked out for anybody.

So 2 players with criminal records = no problem for you then...one not wanting to play football (gibson) and another whose jumped off to play for spurs after letting his contract run down....today saying its unreasonable for the club to so the same...

Yeah ideal players....

Mirallas is not Barry im afraid...one is a defensive midfielder and the other is a winger who is a ticking time bomb who shot his mouth off to the press every chance he got then realised no club wanted him other than wham for £6mil.

3 players i hope are punted out asap...part of the problem and not a solution.

How are three players who aren't playing part of the problem of us being 12th?

Lukaku and Stones also shoot their mouth off (the latter even giving in a TR) but I guess this is ok for you because RM likes them?

Players with criminal records? Messi and Neymar have/will have them. So does Mascherano. Ferguson regularly went and got his players out of trouble at United, Rooney and Gerrard have been in loads of it.

Seems the club and the U.K. Legal system seem them fit to play football but not you? How moral. Would be a great stance of our current first team wasn't performing horrifically.

I'm probably the only Everton fan looking forward to offloading Lukaku
I'd really like to know why... not to argue, but I'd be interested. It might be outside the box, but I could understand if you were worried about a system too reliant upon one person. We've seen what happened the the R.S. when they lost Suarez (though Sturridge has been injured, I think the attention Suarez drew made him look better). If Lukaku goes down, who do we have? Kone (oh dear)? Niasse (yet to be proven)?

I don't agree about selling Lukaku, but as I said, would love to know your reasoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.