Who would you keep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mina, Digne, Godfrey, Holgate (keep for squad), Coleman (keep for squad), Allan, Doucoure, Davies (keep for squad), James, DCL, Richarlison, Pickford (maybe). Past those 12 first team players I can't really see too much of a future for the others. So we'd need a good 6-8, which I can't see £200m going very far
I agree with that list more or less. It's a very unlikely scenario that we replace more than half the squad so it's a big question to see which players who ideally would go, could be useful if they stayed.

Starting IX:

Digne
Godfrey
Keane
Allan
Doucoure
James
Richarlison
DCL

Subs/Backup:
Olsen
Nkoukou
Holgate
Mina
Gordon

The rest of them can go.

We aren’t that far off having a decent starting line up, get the RH side sorted and a new GK and we’re in a good position. It’s the poor quality back up players that are playing far too often, that is the main issue we have.

On the basis that we can't replace 15 players in one go I'd keep ;
Virginia ( squad )
Coleman ( squad )
Holgate (squad )
Keane ( 1st team or squad )
Branthwaite ( squad )
Nkounkou ( squad )
Godfrey ( 1st team )
Digne ( 1st team )
Allan ( 1st team )
Doucoure ( 1st team or squad )
Davies ( squad - just )
James ( 1st team )
DCL ( 1st team or squad )
Richarlison ( 1st team ).
Siggurdson ( squad - just )

Given FFP we might have to keep Pickford . Ideally I'd replace him.We desperately need to shift Kenny , Iwobi , Gomes , Tosun , Bernard and Delph. Easier said than done.
To raise additional funds I see us selling Mina and Kean. Personally I'd keep Kean if we are going to play 2 strikers and rotate him with DCL and Richarlison but that's not going to happen.

1st team priorities are
RB
CM
WM
CB
GK

in that order.

Squad priorities are
ST x 2
CM
WM
CM

So with players out of contract that's 14 out and 10 in.
Obviously it's not going to happen in 1 window.

I've deliberately left Gbamin and Gordon out because frankly neither can be relied upon and I have no idea what to do with them.

Edit Perhaps the most important signing is a super physio

Calvert Lewin, Godfrey, Allan, Doucoure, Digne, Richarlison, Mina, Rodriguez, potential case for Keane.

The squad needs pace and athleticism. Especially on the right side and centre of the park.
Yes, not a bad choice. I’d start right at the back with replacements, a new goaly would be number 1 priority

On the basis that we can't replace 15 players in one go I'd keep ;
Virginia ( squad )
Coleman ( squad )
Holgate (squad )
Keane ( 1st team or squad )
Branthwaite ( squad )
Nkounkou ( squad )
Godfrey ( 1st team )
Digne ( 1st team )
Allan ( 1st team )
Doucoure ( 1st team or squad )
Davies ( squad - just )
James ( 1st team )
DCL ( 1st team or squad )
Richarlison ( 1st team ).
Siggurdson ( squad - just )

Given FFP we might have to keep Pickford . Ideally I'd replace him.We desperately need to shift Kenny , Iwobi , Gomes , Tosun , Bernard and Delph. Easier said than done.
To raise additional funds I see us selling Mina and Kean. Personally I'd keep Kean if we are going to play 2 strikers and rotate him with DCL and Richarlison but that's not going to happen.

1st team priorities are
RB
CM
WM
CB
GK

in that order.

Squad priorities are
ST x 2
CM
WM
CM

So with players out of contract that's 14 out and 10 in.
Obviously it's not going to happen in 1 window.

I've deliberately left Gbamin and Gordon out because frankly neither can be relied upon and I have no idea what to do with them.

Edit Perhaps the most important signing is a super physio
Delph and Tosun are going nowhere, Tosun is a cripple and Delph is perma-crocked

The forwards DnRnJ, Defenders G, K, M, B, D, Mid A, Do. Sorry cba typing all the names got a headache. Basically we need a new midfield again

I'd like keep all these that we have seen this season.

* denotes not too upset if an offer arrives and we accept.
Bold denotes a core player. Not necessarily a nailed on starter, but important.
Just the name denotes a prospect worth an extra look, but again.... If an offer arrives leave it up to the player to decide.

Pickford *
Virginia
Digne
Mina*
Keane*
Godfrey
Branthwaite
Holgate*
Coleman
Nkonkou
Gomes*
Siggurdson *
Bernard*
Allan
Daccoure

Gbamin (honestly)
Davies*
Richarlison
DCL
James

Gordon

Obviously we wont sell Mina, Keane AND Holgate. I fully expect one of them to move on.

Safe to say Bernard will leave, and I expect either Gomes or Davies to follow him. I can't see anyone taking Siggurdson so we're stuck there.

Other young prospects? Pfffffft. Who knows? We generally overhype them so time will tell.

I'd LOVE us to be already talking to Sander Berg at Sheff UTD. A great 6, provided he recovers from his injury.

Mina, Digne, Godfrey, Holgate (keep for squad), Coleman (keep for squad), Allan, Doucoure, Davies (keep for squad), James, DCL, Richarlison, Pickford (maybe). Past those 12 first team players I can't really see too much of a future for the others. So we'd need a good 6-8, which I can't see £200m going very far

I would agree with that, I think there will be players we will keep just because no one wants them and they will be squad players, like Iwobi, Sigurdsson, Gomes. It feels to me like we need 6 players in, GK (even if its back up, RB, CM X2, RW, CF. It is hard to see us getting all that for £200m, so we would need at least 2 of those to be loan players and we would need to get about £50m for Kean. its not impossible, but it will be a challenge.

Digne, Godfrey, Allen, Doucoure and James. The rest are so massively sub-standard it beggars belief people still want to see them play for us.

For a squad next year, Keep:
Pickford
Olsen
Coleman
Holgate
Keane
Godfrey
Branthwaite
Digne
Nkounkou
Small
Allan
Doucoure
Davies
Onyango
James
Gordon
Bowler
Broadhead
Simms
DCL
Richarlison

Besides the dead wood out of contract types we could let the following senior players go:
Mina
Sigurdsson
Gomes
Bernard
King
Kean

That would mean bringing in 4-5 new signings.
I am not sure we have the cash or the management calories to burn on that.

For a squad next year, Keep:
Pickford
Olsen
Coleman
Holgate
Keane
Godfrey
Branthwaite
Digne
Nkounkou
Small
Allan
Doucoure
Davies
Onyango
James
Gordon
Bowler
Broadhead
Simms
DCL
Richarlison

Besides the dead wood out of contract types we could let the following senior players go:
Mina
Sigurdsson
Gomes
Bernard
King
Kean

That would mean bringing in 4-5 new signings.
I am not sure we have the cash or the management calories to burn on that.
I forgot we had Delph too.

Status
Not open for further replies.