Who would you keep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we had £200 million to buy replacement players who amongst our current crop would you keep?
I would struggle to make a case for keeping 5 or 6 of them.
Keep all of them because there was only one club in the world soft enough to have bought them in the first place. We are stuck with them until their contracts expire.

The only ones worth keeping are Digne, Mina, Godfrey, Rodriguez, Calvert lewin, Allan and richarlison. The rest are either not good enough, too injury prone or spineless whoppers (all three in the case of Delph).

Mina, Digne, Godfrey, Holgate (keep for squad), Coleman (keep for squad), Allan, Doucoure, Davies (keep for squad), James, DCL, Richarlison, Pickford (maybe). Past those 12 first team players I can't really see too much of a future for the others. So we'd need a good 6-8, which I can't see £200m going very far

If we had £200 million to buy replacement players who amongst our current crop would you keep?
I would struggle to make a case for keeping 5 or 6 of them.

Been trying to tell lads this all season.
CA inherited a crock of shoite.

The answer is not many.

To have threads asking if we can get Europe at the end of this season is credit down to CA.

His signings of Godfrey, Doucoure, Allan and James have been crucial in strengthening the squad.
To have played so many games without them has been tedious and turgid to say the least.
To have remained on the fringes so long tells me the manager is more important than the crop of frauds we have.

Away from these signings, this group of players were (possibly) taking us down 2 seasons ago under Silva.

There is a strong case to keep Digne, Richy and DCL.

So 7 names perhaps good enough for top 4 aspirations for me.

The rest are squad players.

So 4 quality players needed for a first 11 with a decent chance of competing for Champions league.

Edit: I would keep Keane, Mina wants to go then let him.

Very subjective innit!

Hard to say who I would keep. Unfortunately we have to keep far more of them than I'd like. It's probably easier to say who I would be annoyed if we sold and there aren't that many.....

Digne
Keane
Godfrey
Allan
Doucoure
Richarlison
James
DCL

Been trying to tell lads this all season.
CA inherited a crock of shoite.

The answer is not many.

To have threads asking if we can get Europe at the end of this season is credit down to CA.

His signings of Godfrey, Doucoure, Allan and James have been crucial in strengthening the squad.
To have played so many games without them has been tedious and turgid to say the least.
To have remained on the fringes so long tells me the manager is more important than the crop of frauds we have.

Away from these signings, this group of players were (possibly) taking us down 2 seasons ago under Silva.

There is a strong case to keep Digne, Richy and DCL.

So 7 names perhaps good enough for top 4 aspirations for me.

The rest are squad players.

So 4 quality players needed for a first 11 with a decent chance of competing for Champions league.

Edit: I would keep Keane, Mina wants to go then let him.

Very subjective innit!

I would argue that we started the season with 8 outfield players good enough to get us there, Coleman in form he just can't sustain indefinitely anymore and Gomes permitted to do what he does well due to the strong midfield cover.

Since then, Godfrey has emerged. That gets us to the same list of names after your edit. Awkwardly, it leaves us with 3 CBs.

Some of the remainder are fine as squad players. Obviously, we have to plug the holes at RB and CM and get some cover up top.

That and a little depth sets us up to make a real run at top 4 next season, which I think was always the plan, and then perform drastic surgery when so many sets of wages come off the books along with some of the big FFP losses.

Digne
Keane
Godfrey
Allan
DCL
Richarlison

I might keep Pickford i can't make my mind up but id bin off the rest of them tbh

In bold are starting XI...
____
Picko
+1 GK
____
Holdgate (bench)
Godfrey
Mina (bench)
Digne
(Branthwaite, Nkounkou as deep reserves)
____
Allan
Davies (bench)
Gbamin (bench)
Doucoure
Gomes (bench)
Sigursson (bench)

____
Richarlison
DCL
Jameth

Moise Kean (bench)
Tony Gordon/Iwobi (bench)
____

So we'd need to sign a RB, CB, CM, and at least one forward, probably two if Moise wants to go... And if I'm totally honest i'd rather dump one of Sigs or Gomes, as well as Iwobi so probs need to recruit for them as well.

In the immediate term go out and sign...

Max Aarons (£30m) || Koulibaly (lol) (£30m) || Lucas Paqueta (£30m) || and any one or two of Rayan Cherki, Rafael Leao, Tammy Abraham, etc.

Which leaves me with around £50m to spend on a marquee signing... Dybala?

Good game that, cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.