Who would you appoint as Everton captain?

Your captain choice

• John Stones (c)

Votes: 50 48.5%
  • Another player for some strange reason

Votes: 48 46.6%
  • Gruyere, grilled on the top of a ham toastie

Votes: 5 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Groucho

Staff member
Captains-Armband-EPL.jpg

Tuesday morning unnecessary hypothetical question:

Say, for whatever reason, Phil Jagielka retired tomorrow - which player would you appoint captain?

What do you see in that player?

Stones is far too inexperienced. There's so much he needs to learn about the nuance of the game.

He's great, and will get even better. But you can't expect him to Bobby Moore it.

Give it two or three seasons.

I'd probably go McCarthy if we needed a cap right now.
Get out of my head lad.

Stones is far too inexperienced. There's so much he needs to learn about the nuance of the game.

He's great, and will get even better. But you can't expect him to Bobby Moore it.

Give it two or three seasons.

I'd probably go McCarthy if we needed a cap right now.
I'd go with Stones on the basis that being thrown in early at the deep end does wonders for ones learning curve, but this is a good shout with good reasoning. Once you've given it to McCarthy though, you can't strip it and give it to Stones -unless you're a cold hearted get, that is lol

Phil Neville

*holds back August clampdown urge..........

John Stones or Leon Osman. Always thought Leon would have made a good captain the cheeky judas

At the moment, it's in the right hands. Jagielka isn't an inspirational captain, but he's the best of a bad bunch of leaders. He'll keep it for another two years minimum, I reckon, but it goes to Stones (if he stays) or a player who hasn't yet joined us but has that winning mentality and is a real leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.