Who would have made more of a contribution since January?

Should Lookman have stayed and started games?

• Yes

Votes: 86 86.9%
  • No

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • He's rubbish/dont care/cheese on toast

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
These days, once Everton touches you, you quickly become gash. So a wise move from young Lookman to get the hell out of dodge. I'd advise him to stay well clear until we extract ourselves from the festering midden into which the fat Dutchman and Gormless Walsh have hurled us...and that may take some time; I cannot see our useless Board nor our present manager providing much succour to the long suffering fan-base.

Was Allardyce right to allow Lookman to go on loan (whether to Leipzig or Derby) or should he have started him ahead of Bolasie from January?

I believe there are 2 questions here;

1 -- Would we have benefitted from Lookman staying and playing ahead of Bolasie?

2 -- Would Lookman have benefitted from starting or has he been better off going on loan?

Overall, should we have kept him and started him or was Allardyce right to allow him to go?
We should have started him but he was definitely better off on loan. This style of play brutal for attacking players but especially young ones trying to develop

In answer to question 1 we'd honestly be better off sticking a stinking bucket of dogshit on the wing and it'd produce better result than Bolasie. Hope his legs snap off next time he tries to stepover past the opposition the horrible little clown.

if his legs snap off then we couldn't sell him...we probably cant sell him now though I spose.

..nobody will ever know but it would have been good to have him available.

Agree, easy to say with hindsight but he'd probably be getting minutes over the last two games due to the injuries to DCL, Sigurdson, Rooney and Walcot.

I don't blame the kid going on loan. Ultimately its his career and if your parent club will not play you or give you chances, even as a sub, then you've got to do something to develop.

Him playing for a proper team with a proper manager may well be beneficial for us if we get our act together and start acting like a professional club. That is of course if we keep hold of him.

This season, yes he would’ve been better than Bolasie and Sigurdsson on the wing.

Sam's played a shocker here. He defended his selection of Bolaise over Lookman by saying something like 'who would you pick, a £30m player or a £10m player?' Complete dinosaur of a not very good manager.

Yes he should have played but he was always going to be far too risky for a man who's first objective is for a clean sheet to secure a point rather than a goal to secure a win.

Best thing for him was a loan, Sam wouldn’t have give him game time and in that team it pull have been a waste. Remember, SAM is the man who once you get a Lead or sometimes a draw he will then whack on some more defensive players.

If he had of stayed I think he will have been looking for a move away, at least with a new Manager we have a chance of keeping him.

This pre-season will be so important we have so many fringe players and ones on loan that will be looking to get in the squad for next year, I think Lookman will have grown up a lot playing away which would only help him.

Status
Not open for further replies.