Who would have made more of a contribution since January?

Should Lookman have stayed and started games?

• Yes

Votes: 86 86.9%
  • No

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • He's rubbish/dont care/cheese on toast

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zatara

Player Valuation: £90m
Was Allardyce right to allow Lookman to go on loan (whether to Leipzig or Derby) or should he have started him ahead of Bolasie from January?

I believe there are 2 questions here;

1 -- Would we have benefitted from Lookman staying and playing ahead of Bolasie?

2 -- Would Lookman have benefitted from starting or has he been better off going on loan?

Overall, should we have kept him and started him or was Allardyce right to allow him to go?

He needs to learn to do the defensive side of the game no matter how good you are and also learn not to do silly skills like Bolasie at the halfway line.

Yes he should definitely had more minutes after the derby but then Sam doesn't seem to rate him bizarrely. So he was forced to ask for a loan. The fact he's done well at RB shows he could have been useful even if he is pretty raw still.

Could he have improved given them extra game time? yes probably, but the previous two managers weren't given him much of a chance either so this shouldn't be used as a stick to beat Sam with. Good players on lots of teams slip past the first time and end up on loan and thrive elsewhere, look at Lukaku for example.

But yes looking at the dross we ended up playing since Jan he should have been given the chance here, but did we honestly think the players on the squad would be so bad since then also?

Ross went and that wasn't Sams fault though Ross is only a rat as it suits some posters naritive when in fact he was one of the best we would have had.

The obvious answer is yes, clearly Bolasie was terrible, and we didnt have anyone else who can play on the wing outside of Vlasic.

But in reality it was probably better for him and his development, so its a good thing i happened.

Was Allardyce right to allow Lookman to go on loan (whether to Leipzig or Derby) or should he have started him ahead of Bolasie from January?

I believe there are 2 questions here;

1 -- Would we have benefitted from Lookman staying and playing ahead of Bolasie?

2 -- Would Lookman have benefitted from starting or has he been better off going on loan?

Overall, should we have kept him and started him or was Allardyce right to allow him to go?

In answer to question 1 we'd honestly be better off sticking a stinking bucket of dogshit on the wing and it'd produce better result than Bolasie. Hope his legs snap off next time he tries to stepover past the opposition the horrible little clown.

Sam is never right, end of! [Poor language removed] dinosaur.
I want this lad in our squad next year, he has the potential to be outstanding, was right that he went out on loan if for any other reason that he separated from the utter [Poor language removed] that Everton have been this season.

Hopefully will be back for next season raring to give it his all. We need more young talent like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.