Votes: 89 65.0%
  • He won't sign for us

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • Howard should play for another season

Votes: 11 8.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If i was John Stones and saw one of those keepers signed i'd shed a tear.

Watching Courtois last night gave me massive keeper-envy. He comes for anything and everything in his box.

As for Howard's heir:

Vorm
Fabianski
Utds number 2 looked ok early season
Krul
Heaton
Declan Rudd looked good on Saturday.

Forget Butland and Adrian. Would be a sideways move for both of them.

I'd blow the bank on Butland...I think he'll be Englands keeper after the Euros. Him, Stones, Barkley as an English spine...think it would also send a message to the other players that we're aiming big + for the money it wouldnt be as much as Lukaku and cover us for 10-15 seasons....

Otherwise, i'd be going for Timo Horn if his release clause is £6.3mil like @mikel_88 wrote or Karius.

Basically a keeper 23 or under whose already playing at a really high level. Milans keeper is still a bit too young to move overseas i think.

Agree, but what suggestions do you have?

If not Butland i wouldnt sign anyone in England as first choice. Forster was another big miss...

Please enlighten me mate...

Name me a solid, experienced, premier league goalkeeper who is better than Howard, is within our price range, who'd come to us?

I'd blow the bank on Butland...I think he'll be Englands keeper after the Euros. Him, Stones, Barkley as an English spine...think it would also send a message to the other players that we're aiming big + for the money it wouldnt be as much as Lukaku and cover us for 10-15 seasons....

Otherwise, i'd be going for Timo Horn if his release clause is £6.3mil like @mikel_88 wrote or Karius.

Basically a keeper 23 or under whose already playing at a really high level. Milans keeper is still a bit too young to move overseas i think.

Based on what? Joe Hart is a) better b)playing in a better team c)has won major titles c)is only late 20s.

This obsession with Butland (not purely from yourself) is beyond bonkers. He's playing well, no doubt, for STOKE.

He'd also cost our entire summer transfer budget, i'd guess.

I have no idea who this Timo Horn is, but before blowing any money on a foreign keeper i'd be seeing if he can speak english, to what level, can he command an english-league box i.e. is he aggressive enough, why another big team hasnt come in for him if hes such a gem like you're stating.

As for the age - 23?! That is absolutely NOT what this team needs - more youth. We want a late 20s goalkeeper who can bring calmness to the backline and stability.

Horn would be a deal on the level of deulofeu for that price.

LOL at people thinking Ter Stegen would play for us. Release clause of 60 mil, Bravo is getting old, he's playing in world's best team... Absolutely no chance, at all.

Seriously, if we don't sign 2nd best Bundesliga's goalkeeper (that is Horn, right behind Neuer) in last 2 seasons with his current release clause of 6.5mil... I don't know. This is like someone's offering us Aguero for free and we refuse saying we're okay with Kone.

Based on what? Joe Hart is a) better b)playing in a better team c)has won major titles c)is only late 20s.

This obsession with Butland (not purely from yourself) is beyond bonkers. He's playing well, no doubt, for STOKE.

I have no idea who this Timo Horn is, but before blowing any money on a foreign keeper i'd be seeing if he can speak english, to what level, can he command an english-league box i.e. is he aggressive enough, why another big team hasnt come in for him if hes such a gem like you're stating.

As for the age - 23?! That is absolutely NOT what this team needs - more youth. We want a late 20s goalkeeper who can bring calmness to the backline and stability.
most Germans below the age of 40 learn to speak pretty fluent English. Leno, Karius, Horn, Ron Zeiler all would be a significant upgrade over Howard and would/should cost much less than £10mil.

most Germans below the age of 40 learn to speak pretty fluent English. Leno, Karius, Horn, Ron Zeiler all would be a significant upgrade over Howard and would/should cost much less than £10mil.

What are these lads at distribution?
And catching?

I liked your post and can see where youre coming from.

Personally i think Butland is playing at least on a par with Hart and i think will overtake him next season. Just my personal view.

Also he's perhaps too young for you if you want an older keeper?

Horn is probably (with karius) the best keeper behind Neuer for Germany...possibly better then Ter Stegen but who knows. He's extremely highly rated for £6.5mil its truly a no brainer.

I disagree about 23 being too young, if theyre good enough they are old enough.

I liked your post and can see where youre coming from.

Personally i think Butland is playing at least on a par with Hart and i think will overtake him next season. Just my personal view.

Also he's perhaps too young for you if you want an older keeper?

Horn is probably (with karius) the best keeper behind Neuer for Germany...possibly better then Ter Stegen but who knows. He's extremely highly rated for £6.5mil its truly a no brainer.

I disagree about 23 being too young, if theyre good enough they are old enough.

Ill bow to your knowledge on this one as i have no idea who he is.

It's all on you if he flops though ;)

LOL at people thinking Ter Stegen would play for us. Release clause of 60 mil, Bravo is getting old, he's playing in world's best team... Absolutely no chance, at all.

Seriously, if we don't sign 2nd best Bundesliga's goalkeeper (that is Horn, right behind Neuer) in last 2 seasons with his current release clause of 6.5mil... I don't know. This is like someone's offering us Aguero for free and we refuse saying we're okay with Kone.

but he's only rated 79 on fifa.

Status
Not open for further replies.