Who Stay’s, Who Goes

Status
Not open for further replies.

A better, more competent board and executive team to replace those we currently have however I can’t see that happening despite the inevitable and understandable anger from some.

Players such as Pickford, Richarlison and DCL might bring in substantial fees

Donny will go back to United and Deli Ali will probably go elsewhere

Gomes, Kenny, Mina I think will go too, along with Allan and doucoure

I'll break down my prediction of what would happen. Don't read it if you don't want nightmares.

They'll sack Lampard as a scapegoat, but they shouldn't. We'll end up with a Wilder or a Dyche type.

Pickford goes to a fairly good team. Begovic stays. Lonergan and Virginia who cares, both leave. We sign a new #1 on the cheap/free.

We build the team around a defence of Patterson, Godfrey, Branthwaite/Keane and Mykolenko. Mina goes, and hopefully someone is stupid enough to buy Keane and Holgate or they'll both stay. Kenny gets a new deal for the sake of depth due to the mass squad exodus, and Coleman and Nkounkou stay as backup. Little change here.

Midfield is less obvious. Delph and Allan both leave. Doucoure almost certainly gets bought by a lower Prem side. VdB goes back to United, Alli gets let go on a free, and Gylfi obviously leaves too. We're stuck with Gomes as nobody will buy him. Iwobi will stay due to a lack of suitors - wouldn't be upset about this if he's played in a midfield 3. Gbamin will come back in and be a nice surprise unless CSKA offer to buy him. Davies of course stays.

Out wide, Gray, Gordon, and Townsend all stay.

Richarlison, Tosun, Simms and Kean all go. Due to injuries and a poor season, nobody meets the asking price for DCL and he stays. Dobbin gets more time on the pitch. Rondon stays for another season and sees his contract out.

Overall that likely leaves us with; Begovic, Patterson, Coleman, Kenny, Godfrey, Branthwaite, Keane, Holgate, Nkounkou, Gomes, Davies, Gbamin, Iwobi, Gray, Gordon, Townsend, DCL, Dobbin, Rondon. With 4 cheap signings. 1x keeper, 2x CMs, 1x winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.