Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a very valid concern. I don't think any of us would be at all surprised if that was to happen.

It's just the shocking situation we find ourselves in though really isn't it. No matter who we get in the question is going to be how they deal with Moshiri.

It might be wishful thinking on my part but I do think that Moshiri would finally meet his match in Bielsa considering the position he's already put himself in with the fans. And if not there's the possibility that the ensuing chaos could be the end of Moshiri.

Who knows though, you could be absolutely right and we could be better off going with a young upcoming manager. Normally that's the camp I would be in, but this time around I think I'm looking at it in abit of a different way.

I’d be shocked given our current financial position if he even comes to be honest, and if he does, and we’ve not tried to blag it, then absolutely fair play, he really is crackers.

He wasn’t a complete control of a shoestring budget to replace an entire squad on a second tier (potentially), I just can’t see Moshiri not meddling.

I’d like you to be right mate, and Moshiri finally back off, but the whole tenure has been shrouded in uncertainty, why is it changing 7 years in?

Who doesn't love Blood Brothers....

I dunno where we go - you have an incoming manager that knows the fans want the board out and if the board goes out so does his job? kind of likely? Or we go with board which is like Stockholm Syndrome and the manger gets the long term vibe (which if we were doing ok we wouldn't be throwing knives at the board?)

I'm conflicted......

I’d be shocked given our current financial position if he even comes to be honest, and if he does, and we’ve not tried to blag it, then absolutely fair play, he really is crackers.

He wasn’t a complete control of a shoestring budget to replace an entire squad on a second tier (potentially), I just can’t see Moshiri not meddling.

I’d like you to be right mate, and Moshiri finally back off, but the whole tenure has been shrouded in uncertainty, why is it changing 7 years in?
I would love to believe it might change because of current fan anger/pressure as well as the diminishing returns he's started to see in our drop down the table the last few years.

Reality is obviously that he doesn't give a toss though obviously.

It really is like choosing between a giant douche and a turd sandwich at the moment to be honest.

I can see positives and negatives for both Bielsa and Corberán, but either will live or die by Moshiri's ability to be more hands off than he has previously. For me it's just about who is more likely to make that happen.

If we had a different owner I would be 100% Corberán but I can just see it going a bit Marco Silva.

The thought that is most troubling me tonight, is the realisiation that there's a group of long service/ long standing players at our club, and they've seen off manager after manager after manager.

Based on everything I've seen over the last 12 months, Lampard has had a supportive arm round the shoulder approach with the players, you can tell he's that type of guy, will do wonders for the odd one like Iwobi who has clearly progressed, but it's not an effective management style in general, it can never be a blanket approach or the default approach, even more so with our squad of perennial wasters who will capitalise on a soft touch.

It's got to be time for the opposite of this now, 10 or so managers in the last 12 years, team needs breaking up, we need a manager who will snipe at the board if they've failed, someone who doesn't have favourite players regardless of bad form. I'm not particularly sold on Bielsa and randomly it irritated me no end seeing him sat on a box or squatting every game, but I'm not not sure you'd find anyone more resilient to the current pressures and ongoing circus behind the scenes.

I just want someone to keep us up and I'm not bothered about getting a good, long term manager right now.

Bielsa might be the man, but the thing that really, really irritated me when he was at Leeds was that he needed someone at
pressers because he couldn't speak a bloody word of English.

Any of Tudesco, Marcelino Garcia or Carlos Corberan would do for me. But it’s going to be Bielsa isn’t it. We’re not set up for his tactics and 8 of our squad will be permanently injured. Moshiri sticking his nose into on field affairs once again which will be the final nail in the coffin for this side. Brace yourselves.

The issue I have, and this is most clubs, not just Everton, is sacking a manager without having someone else already lined up.

We are now in the position where we are hoping that we can attract someone better than Lampard, but whoever that is now holds all the aces and can demand pretty much anything they want.

So we are now in the position where we either promise something beyond our means, or end up with someone that is not going to be an improvement.

And without the hyperbole of "anyone would be better than Lampard", we have just put ourselves in a weaker position

Whomever comes in I think its time to stop chasing survival and reinvent the entire culture, squad and cost base.

If we go down so be it , at least we will have a new low cost fixed base of hungry young players and we start to add from there with a new stadium. Potentially, we will be more attractive for a ownership sale offering more value and a flexible FFP.

Status
Not open for further replies.