Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s him.

That’s the man I want. Bring him to me Farhad lol

Knows the Bielsa way for being in the ranks when he was there, went to Huddersfield and turned them into unlikely promotion chasers, doing the same with West Brom.

Has a feel of Marco Silva to it, I just like.
This is a pretty sexy option but a bit of a risk and can't see the mosh man going for someone without experience in the prem.

Ideal scenario for me is to get Bielsa in to build the team and then get this fella in to take over a few years down the line when things are hopefully a bit less mad.

Is obviously from the school of Bielsa so would be able to work with whatever team he might build, but would represent maybe more of a long term option.

Knowing our luck though we'll wait a few years to get him in by which time he'll be taking Bournemouth into the top 4.

This is a pretty sexy option but a bit of a risk and can't see the mosh man going for someone without experience in the prem.

Ideal scenario for me is to get Bielsa in to build the team and then get this fella in to take over a few years down the line when things are hopefully a bit less mad.

Is obviously from the school of Bielsa so would be able to work with whatever team he might build, but would represent maybe more of a long term option.

Knowing our luck though we'll wait a few years to get him in by which time he'll be taking Bournemouth into the top 4.

But insulting to Corberean isn’t it?
He’s done his time under Bielsa, prove he can overachieve with Huddersfield and WBA.

Bielsa, I love the appeal, but he’s 67, our board are a nightmare and he demands full control. He will be here 3-4 years, tops and we go again? If Thelwell is serious about what he’s doing, then building a long term project with a young, keen manager has to be the way?

If we get no points at all from these next two matches, we are teetering on the brink of the slide toward relegation becoming irreversible. Especially if the other crap sides around us ever start to wake up. Given that, I don't think we have the luxury of appointing someone whose success primarily comes from building a project. There's just not time.

So, yes, it looks risky to appoint someone like Corberán if you look at it with a long-term eye - because of the lack of high-level experience - but he does have a demonstrable record of doing a quick turnaround job. At this point, something like that - even if it's really just a prolonged new manager bounce and fizzles out later on - is the only hope we have.

The idiot board just left it way too late.

Want do you want Ian?
I’d like the club to retain the last shred of its dignity. 8th place the Sam way didn’t feel like that to me. I hated him being here. I felt he tarnished the club with his presence.

I realise all of the above is hopelessly irrational btw ?

He’s done his time under Bielsa, prove he can overachieve with Huddersfield and WBA.

Bielsa, I love the appeal, but he’s 67, our board are a nightmare and he demands full control. He will be here 3-4 years, tops and we go again? If Thelwell is serious about what he’s doing, then building a long term project with a young, keen manager has to be the way?
Bielsa has more chance of being here 3-4 months than 3-4 years.

3-4 years????????????

If it is Bielsa I wonder if the thinking is...

Get him in now.
Write off Arsenal and Liverpool.
Give him three weeks of his fitness sessions etc for Leeds and Villa at Goodison come 18th February.
Cant write off any game but have given up trying to understand how this club is run. Just makes no sense but that bobble said we want a manager in before the weekend so i am ready for a crazy two weeks for a manager and players

Bielsa has more chance of being here 3-4 months than 3-4 years.

I’d never write him off, but everything about the timing of Bielsa is just not quite right.

I’d like him as manager, he’s infectious in everything he does, and I think he’d help fans fall back in love with the club again.

But my 3-4 years was a max prediction, we’re trying to build long term, and a 67-year old doesn’t mean that.

In other circumstances I would agree but I don't think the players/board/owner would respect Corberán.

For me a big plus of Bielsa is that for him to come here he would demand total control over a rebuild and wouldn't put up with any nonsense.

He defo is not a long term option as many have pointed out but I actually think despite being a madman Bielsa would be the right choice to steady the ship considering the specific problems we have. Following that, if we play our cards right Corberán would be the perfect person to bring in after Bielsa and carry on his work in the long term.

I'm aware this is total fantasy though as we don't plan for next week, let alone a manager we might bring in years down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.