Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's probably already been mentioned but Sean Dyche is a kopite and his team used to play proper bad footy. Swerve thanks.

Would honestly go for Dyche until the end of the season with the situation we are in, it's that bad. He's worked with several of the players before and I reckon he'd at least get us some sort of solidity.
It'll be Dyche.

I cant see any other option this club would go for. No compensation, knows a few of the players here already. Can set up defensively.

It's a matter of when not if he's named our next manager IMO.

We should go and get Nuno though. He's tactically good. He'd have us doing the 343 revertng to a 5 at the back after losing the ball. Plays counter attacking football.

He surely has a low buy out clause managing in an Arab league to be released for a PL club.

It'll be Dyche.

I cant see any other option this club would go for. No compensation, knows a few of the players here already. Can set up defensively.

It's a matter of when not if he's named our next manager IMO.

We should go and get Nuno though. He's tactically good. He'd have us doing the 343 revertng to a 5 at the back after losing the ball. Plays counter attacking football.

He surely has a low buy out clause managing in an Arab league to be released for a PL club.
Nuno. No thanks.

and again a repeat they are run PROPER
Agree with this and people can go back and look at my posts from a few years ago. At times when others were still praising Moshiri for putting in funds.

Putting in funds is important for success but only if you have a well defined off the field strategy in terms of how you want the footballing side of things to be. Brighton are a great example of this. They have a defined transfer strategy (which includes selling players), they also have a clear and defined way of playing. That means they can swap managers and it doesn't necessarily change everything. It also means that players are scouted for and some bought that they fit into a defined playing style.

2 of the worst examples of not having a defined footballing strategy in the PL over the last few years is United and Everton. On different scales in terms of spend but generally flip flopping from one approach to another, from one style of manage to another, all the while burning resources and making any rescue job harder by each season.

When people look at clubs and owners they shouldn't define their value by how much they spend. But by how they spend any funds on a clear and defined strategy. The clear and defined strategy, and putting the right people in place to execute it, is probably the most important aspect. Get that wrong and everything else follows.

Graham Potter is already under pressure at Chelsea, hopefully the new Chelsea owner has even less patience than Abramovich did and sacks him if they lose to City again at the weekend, then we can appoint him on Monday morning!
If you think a smart and ambitious Potter who has a lot of credit in the bank is coming to a club that not only sacks managers every year but also might not even be in the top league next season, then I have a lovely bridge to sell you..............

Personally think that will mean relying on McNeil crossing the ball to Dom, and that will get us relegated.
A winger who can't run with the ball, can't win the ball and can't keep the ball will be crossing it for a striker who is too injured to get on the pitch from one week to the next. Absolute genius plan we've come up with for ourselves, isn't it...

Ange Postecoglou, yes attacking football but has that steely determination. Good manager and not beyond our grasp.

If we go for a defensive coach at some point you will have to change him due to the ceiling playing that way, bring in Ange who has turned a few clubs around and plays to win games, the ceiling for managers who play to win is much much higher. Disciplinarian who wouldn`t accept being mugged off by the current frauds.....

Countryman of a certain Time Cahill... he will come to England and be successful, his career projectory is steadily upwards, let that continue here.

The more I learn about him the more I`m convinced he could be the man to change us....

Status
Not open for further replies.