Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that this is highly unlikely, given our Chairman and Owner's track record on managerial recruitment, but, would it be too much to ask for the board to have already identified and spoken to the new manager, prior to Lampard being sacked? I know it's kind of an Everton tradition, but, spending 6 weeks with no manager and then appointing one when it is too late for him to bring in his own picks in the window, is really not the best methodology.

Personally, I really don't care if Lampard stays or goes at this point, I don't really care who comes in either, as long as it's not a terribly divisive appointment Like Allardyce and Benitez were. I think regardless of who the manager is, it is unlikely that we will avoid relegation this season and even if we do, it's just a matter of time before it happens. If Kenwright, DBB and Moshiri are running the good ship Everton, we will be aground before we get to the new ground.

Again why are they listening to the crowd if they had a plan? Because they didn't have a plan apart from get it wide...which they couldn't because wolves sat deep.

Players take responsibility on the pitch not the crowd. Which is generally why most of the fans kick off because they see players that aren't.
We know what they are though: cowards.

But two wrongs dont make a right.

We have an tone deaf crowd that cant figure out when to STFU and when to get behind a team needing encouragment. It's feast or famine with this fanbase, and especially the GP crowd. Either magnificent support or the opposition's 12th man.

Unfortunately most of our match going fans were weaned on Moyes' hoofball and think that lumping the ball up to a big divvy to try and win the second ball is what football looks like. Every manager since has struggled to educate our fans as to how the game has to be played in the 21st century....which is ironic really given that Everton historically were recognised for churning out good football teams.

Passing aimlessly around the back and allowing them to counter is exactly why we lost

If we had been aggressive and showed some urgency we would have pressed Wolves back but we were gutless in possession and no one wanted to take responsibility.

It is very easy to play against a team who are passing sideways with no purpose. You sit and wait on the mistake and then counter at will. Our gameplan was beyond pathetic and unacceptable at Everton.
This is what happened toward the end of the Martinez era: teams sat back realising that we didn't have permission off our own fans to patiently turn the screw on them.

Here's what any opposition manager of a poor to mediocre PL team says to his team at HT at Goodison Park: "Get behind the ball and frustrate Everton and the fans will be on their backs all the second half. Then we'll pick them off."

This is what happened toward the end of the Martinez era: teams sat back realising that we didn't have permission off our own fans to patiently turn the screw on the opposition.

Here's what any opposition manager of a poor to mediocre PL team says to his team at HT at Goodison Park: "Get behind the ball and frystrate Everton and the fans will be on their backs all the second half. Then we'll pick them off."
We dont have the ability or quality to "slowly turn the screw." Those tactics are redundant in modern football and clearly dont play to our strengths. Its very easy to play against and leaves you wide open on transition

Name me an effective team who pass the ball so slowly around the defence

This is what happened toward the end of the Martinez era: teams sat back realising that we didn't have permission off our own fans to patiently turn the screw on them.

Here's what any opposition manager of a poor to mediocre PL team says to his team at HT at Goodison Park: "Get behind the ball and frustrate Everton and the fans will be on their backs all the second half. Then we'll pick them off."

Bold words from someone that won’t make the effort to go watch them.

We dont have the ability or quality to "slowly " turn the screw. Those tactics are redundant in modern football and clearly dont play to our strengths

Name me an effective team who pass the ball so slowly around the defence

I'm not saying we do. But we dont have the players up front to have ANY game plan other than to score from set pieces.

It's pointless saying we dont have players to pass through a team when we have no one up front to pass to.

And we dont have the players to play counter attacking football.

We have no hand to play in matches and that's why we've won 1 of the last 8 games and lost 6.

I'm not saying we do. But we dont have the players up front to have ANY game plan other than to score from set pieces.

It's pointless saying we dont have players to pass through a team when we have no one up front to pass to.

And we dont have the players to play counter attacking football.

We have no hand to play in matches and that's why we've won 1 of the last 8 games and lost 6.
Our best bet is to be very solid, bypass midfield and play back to front so that we keep our shape when we lose the ball.

The shape of the team was HORRIFIC when we lost possession because we had retained possession for a while and gone nowhere. Our midfield are also hopeless on the ball so why bother playing through midfield.

Sign 2 big 6 foot plus strikers and go long and make it horrible for teams. Fight for every second and play our football only off the second ball up the field.

Name the opposition manager please or that goes onto your ever growing list of “ I made that up, to suit one of my many agendas )

Our best bet is to be very solid, bypass midfield and play back to front so that we keep our shape when we lose the ball.

The shape of the team was HORRIFIC when we lost possession because we had retained possession for a while and gone nowhere.
Yes, that's all we have on offer...but even that agricultural approach only works with a forward who can win headers and chase down the ball in the channels.

We are literally HOPELESS at this point in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.