Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! He’s a good manager. I like Lamps but Poch is levels above. Reminds me of all the folk that said Eddie Howe was crap because he relegated Bournemouth.
Now Eddie Howe I agree with, took a tiny club in Bournemouth from the 4th tier to the top and left them being able to compete at the new higher level.

Pochettino though? Had Espanyol bottom of the league, did OK at Southampton but nothing that Koeman didn't do, won nothing at Spurs (got to 2 finals, the league cup and Champions League) and came second with PSG which is pretty unheard of these days.

I just don't get him. Blows my mind how people think he is some great manager.

I thought the consensus, at the end of last season, was that the majority would give him this season to Build. Alreaady a big defensive improvement over last season after summer business hamstrung by ffp and our dead wood hanging on for grim life, we knew his next priority is to improve offence in January.

Yet here we are after a few bad results, gnashing our teeth.
 Only 'a few' eh?
Its a pity though, that's few is more, up to now, than the foundations I’ve seen laid in 'The Build'.

Now Eddie Howe I agree with, took a tiny club in Bournemouth from the 4th tier to the top and left them being able to compete at the new higher level.

Pochettino though? Had Espanyol bottom of the league, did OK at Southampton but nothing that Koeman didn't do, won nothing at Spurs (got to 2 finals, the league cup and Champions League) and came second with PSG which is pretty unheard of these days.

I like the way you brushed off ‘got to the Champions league final with Spurs’ as if they get there most seasons. Was very good at Southampton and excellent at Spurs, there is no getting round that.

I like the way you brushed off ‘got to the Champions league final with Spurs’ as if they get there most seasons. Was very good at Southampton and excellent at Spurs, there is no getting round that.
He is the Argentine David Moyes!

Don't get me wrong, I would have him here but I genuinely don't get the fuss over him.

I brush off the Champions League final thing off because it is a knock out competition, and if you don't win it then it doesn't really matter and he got the final all wrong. Spurs were terrible the season after under him leading to him getting sacked.

He is a fine enough manager, I just don't see him as one of the elite like some make out he is.

Don't get me wrong, I would have him here but I genuinely don't get the fuss over him.

I brush off the Champions League final thing off because it is a knock out competition, and if you don't win it then it doesn't really matter and he got the final all wrong. Spurs were terrible the season after under him leading to him getting sacked.

He is a fine enough manager, I just don't see him as one of the elite like some make out he is.

Not that we would get him, but the Argentine David Moyes wouldn't be a bad thing at the moment, good at building a squad, better at getting them player and driving the extra 20% our of them. Likes to drive a younger core at the clubs he's been at.

Better at a club which doesn't have the crazy expectations of the elite few, would have time and no pressure (in comparison to those winning the league and champions league).

To me, if we did get rid of Frank - if there was a chance of sniffing Poch, I would 1000000000% be all over it.

However it does go against what I want if we do remove Frank, which is ripping it up, getting someone who hasn't been in this league before and go after someone like Gallardo.

Great is over stating it but he did well at Saints and definitely built a good side at Spurs they were competing consistently for top four.

Tbf his teams played good football.

Anyway back on topic because we arent attracting Poch right now. Are there any good German managers available?

Got a tune out of Alli so much have something about him ?

Status
Not open for further replies.