Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not so sure about that mate, many of their fans want him gone. He has spent a lot of money (£150m just this summer) and he looks lost in the league at the moment, getting booed left, right, and centre recently at games. The run in Europe is keeping him in a job otherwise he would be gone imo.
For 6, 7, 8 (?) years many of our fans wanted him gone too

For 6, 7, 8 (?) years many of our fans wanted him gone too
Yeah I was one of them, I don't rate the guy if I'm honest. He can do so much then he has serious limitations tactically imo and I don't think he has ever really evolved that much over the years to correct these things. I do get why people like him though.

Yeah I was one of them, I don't rate the guy if I'm honest. He can do so much then he has serious limitations tactically imo and I don't think he has ever really evolved that much over the years to correct these things. I do get why people like him though.
The sad thing is, yes I wanted him gone for years, yet I can see...and this is a mark of how far we've fallen,
That a guy who - if you snapped him like a stick of rock - you'd see the words 'THE 7th-ISH CUP & KITAP1.
Yet is seen by many...and not just Kenwright...as a vast improvement.

I thought the consensus, at the end of last season, was that the majority would give him this season to build. Already a big defensive improvement over last season after summer business hamstrung by ffp and our dead wood hanging on for grim life, we knew his next priority is to improve offence in January.

Yet here we are after a few bad results, gnashing our teeth.

I thought the consensus, at the end of last season, was that the majority would give him this season to build. Already a big defensive improvement over last season after summer business hamstrung by ffp and our dead wood hanging on for grim life, we knew his next priority is to improve offence in January.

Yet here we are after a few bad results, gnashing our teeth.
There is little to no defensive improvement other than Frank getting in better shot blockers and relying on wonder saves form Pickford. We are conceding the most shots in the league.

It’ll be interesting to see how postecoglou’s Celtic perform against us. I know we have a few missing (I think they do too), but the contrast in footballing styles could be an eye opener for our board. Not saying he’s the answer if FL gets the sack after Xmas, but he’d be one of the first people I’d like the club to take into consideration.

Because you’re acting like anything in this thread is relevant in any decision that is made by the club

And it isn’t
it totally is - they have no ambition, no ideas beyond the same old retreads. its been proved for decades.

At some point, in the not too distant if results carry on as they are, Lampard will go.

Status
Not open for further replies.