Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have 68 other - come on them let’s hear the names then, because the names on this thread haven’t varied much from the list in the poll other than the Celtic guy.

If you’re going to say Tuchel or Poch then don’t bother

Genuine question, were any of those managers performing as badly as Rafael Benitez or Frank Lampard?

Were their teams in danger of relegation?

Were they struggling to manage a single shot on target?

Should we have kept Mike Walker?

Brighton were flirting with relegation every season under Potter until this one. They had huge problems scoring goals.

No we shouldn’t have kept Mike Walker.

Things that I think managers should be fired for:

They’ve lost the dressing room
They’re hugely underperforming with the squad they have
They’re consistently picking wrong line ups/wrong formations
They make bad substitutions that lose games
They’re buying and selling the wrong players and wasting money
A new manager bounce is the only option left to save from relegation

- Frank hasn’t lost the dressing room
- He might be underperforming slightly but this is a lower end prem squad no doubt about it
- He picks line ups and players that the majority of fans would pick most times
- He’s slow to substitutions admittedly but I don’t ever think they’re majorly the wrong ones
- Coady Tarkowski are decent buys, Judy out on Garner Onana, front two aren’t looking great
- we’re nowhere near a new manager bounce being the only thing that can save us

So at the moment no I wouldn’t fire him. If these things change then it’s worth reassessing. Ultimately I’d only consider it if we were guaranteed to get a world class manager e.g Pochettino or Mourinho were available and wanted to come.

Giving this squad to another manager though could be a disaster. Look at Potter at Chelsea, he is an extremely good coach but even with every good players it’s going to take him time. We could get someone like him in and they could take us down. Dyche could come in and have all the same problems Frank has got. Sometimes the best person to fix the issues is the one in place who’s had time to look at them.

We have 68 other - come on them let’s hear the names then, because the names on this thread haven’t varied much from the list in the poll other than the Celtic guy.

If you’re going to say Tuchel or Poch then don’t bother
Hate myself for saying this because I’d rather we were progressive as a club

But I think that we are so poorly run that I would take moyes right now to stabilize us for a few years as I really thing we are lurching from one bad decision to another.

As far as ‘others’ go - let’s be realistic and say the above short list is very likely similar to Everton’s.

So you’re saying that we should have a new manager every week. Excellent. New manager bounce every week, we’ll be top, no time.

We will run out of managers with coaching qualifications but we should then open it up to fans to have a go.

I can do do any week in April.
It’ll be too late by then. Can you do March?

I wouldn’t have Moyes. He’s performing as bad as Lampard. He actually came to Goodison and lost to our dross.

I hope the board aren’t just sitting on their arse during this World Cup period. They need to have a contingency plan for what I think is an inevitability come January.

Wasn't Denmark's manager Kasper Hjulmand briefly linked a year ago?

There might be an opening after the World Cup. I wouldn't take him though. There is little comparison with club and international football and Denmark are a dark horse for Euro 2024 I think. When he left the Danish league to join Mainz he bombed pretty quickly there.

I see ‘Other’ is leading the pack. Love to know who people have in mind that’s not on that list.
Telling isn’t it? Everyone one the list fills most of us with fear and the likes of Tuchel wouldn’t touch us! Makes it hard to have anyone else in mind, personally got my everything crossed frank makes it good, I really do..

The same Tuchel who underperformed at every club he was with apart from a one off CL win with Chelsea?

Didn’t win a league at Dortmund

Didn’t win the CL with PSG

Didn’t even challenge for the league with Chelsea despite eye watering investment.

He’s undoubtedly a good manager but his style is completely reliant on three at the back with world class fullbacks and dynamic midfielders like Kante and Kovacic. We don’t have any of these things.

Levels of risk with everyone isn't there, who's about in the lower leagues at the minute? Ryan Lowe still highly thought of these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.