Who going to replace Barry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jags..class

Player Valuation: £70m
Barry been great for us but he getting older and I recken this will be his last season. I'm glad I've had the chance to watch this lad play in our shirts. Can see now why Rafael wanted him fro the rs.

My choice is Drinkwater, if Leicester have a bad seaon, and no European football next season maybe we should bid for him.

I think Barry will play one more season, maybe with a more limited role.
Internally Besic would seem to be an ok replacement provided he stays injury free.

We need to spend big, without him our midfield passing range would be more suitable for 5 a side crab league.

Depends alot on Gueye imo...is he seen as box to box or defensive midfield.

Once we know that then we will know whose coming in...think we need a superstar here and then bring Davies through gradually.

Depends alot on Gueye imo...is he seen as box to box or defensive midfield.

Once we know that then we will know whose coming in...think we need a superstar here and then bring Davies through gradually.

Gueye is great off the ball. So important to our team. But he's not good enough on it to be Barry's replacement IMO. We need someone like Carvalho with Gueye next to him to do his running and pressing.

Agree about Davies though. He needs to be understudy to a great player so that he can really kick on. It's a shame Barry isn't 10 years younger.

Gueye is great off the ball. So important to our team. But he's not good enough on it to be Barry's replacement IMO. We need someone like Carvalho with Gueye next to him to do his running and pressing.

Agree about Davies though. He needs to be understudy to a great player so that he can really kick on. It's a shame Barry isn't 10 years younger.

Sure, what I mean is...alot depends on what Koeman sees Gueys best role is...then he can sign someone so they compliment each other.

It may be that Gueye is constrained a bit with Barry next to him.

...who knows, but life moves on and no player is irreplaceable. It wasn't that long ago that folk on here were full of criticism for Barry, now he is integral to the team. A replacement does not have to be a clone, a different player could provide a different dimension.

Without doubt, though, Barry is an extremely talented footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.