Which Everton games have left you feeling at rock bottom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The semi final against them was bad and never thought I would feel lower as a blue than that. Then the 3-0 at home to Wigan happened

For me it was Sunderland away under smith, around 23rd December and we got beat 1-0; freezing cold and snowing, mackems with no tops on and smith having no idea what to do.

God that was bleak

The semi final against them was bad and never thought I would feel lower as a blue than that. Then the 3-0 at home to Wigan happened

ha exactly the same. Worst two days as an evertonian - i cant really count the 90s or Smith years because at that time i expected us to be terrible every week. Those games gave us a slight hint of success which was cruelly taken away by our manager and team's deficiencies.

And speaking of which...the FA Cup final in 2009 was bad. Not as we were walking out, as I resigned myself to the fact that after 1 minute we'd be losing the game because we had literally scored too early and i knew we'd just sit back.

in recent memory it was the liverpool semi final.

It wasn't so much we lost, it was watching the second half knowing we would lose the game, it was just a matter of time they were going to score though Moyes decisions only. the F.A Cup final was great but when we lost it wasn't crushing as Chelsea were a great team and fair enough they beat us. But that game knowing how close we were to actually getting to the final again and just to roll over and give up, that was the worst feeling i have had after an everton game in my memory.

Villarreal made me angry as [swear word] and still grates now, robbed by a ref who was brought out of retirement because those [swear word] fluked the luckiest cup final win in history and then bitched and moaned to be included and got UEFA to change the rules for them at our expense. [swear word]

More recently Wigan in the Cup were Martinez pulled our pants down and showed everyone it was time for a change at goodison.

When we beat Man City 2-1 under Moyes in 2010.

Instead of feeling elated, I'd realised that we had a manager who'd never take us on to another level. We dominated the first 20 minutes and had them on the ropes, then Moyes visibly reined them in, so much so that we didn't have a shot on goal for the rest of the game.

City took encouragement, Anichebe got sent off and we fluked the win by the end of it.

It took four more years of the same attitude before he was finally gone.

Worst thing about the West Brom 4-0 loss was that wasn't it on the back of a 4-0 loss to some other no mark team (want to say Villa).

Bucharest was horrible. Not for the game itself but realising the season before had been for nothing. A whole season of being better than Liverpool and within a few weeks they were champions of Europe in the champions league group phase again and we had no Europe whatsoever. Almost packed it up then.

Newcastle when Arteta was injured was also horrible. Just because he was out for the final and I knew he'd never be the same player as the magician he was at that time. Felt sick about injuries then and still feel sick about them now.

Christ thinking back there are quite a few...

In recent times.

The Fiorentina home match was a killer - but the performance was top notch
The Reading cup game, coming off the back of beating Chelsea away in the last round summed us right up for me...terrible
The Bolton home game where Howard scored in gale force winds and we lost 2 v 1...
The Semi final v Liverpool - That was painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.