Which EFC player.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
That, too, is only a matter of time!!! "For God's sake Leighton you do it like this mate!!!!" Stewards looking a bit slow too, I might get away with it!!
Not "bigging" myself up but I was on corners from the left as I was right footed at my admittedly low level for donkeys years and hit some awful deliveries into the box,but two things that drive me nuts,why did I never hit the first man or float it straight at the bloody keeper like these overpaid,underworked clowns manage to time after time?:rant:;)lol

Not "bigging" myself up but I was on corners from the left as I was right footed at my admittedly low level for donkeys years and hit some awful deliveries into the box,but two things that drive me nuts,why did I never hit the first man or float it straight at the bloody keeper like these overpaid,underworked clowns manage to time after time?:rant:;)lol
This is literally why so many fans go mad! I get the greater risk of hitting the first man when you go for a low fast near post corner but slightly higher, fast hit to the space in between 6 yard line and penalty spot are doable 8/10 times for for any competent player.... Then it is up to players to attack it. Got no idea what they practise in training. Just not got enough guys who are good in the air either or fast enough to steal yard on marker either. But if you don't beat the first man all that is irrelevant. One thing in their defence. It is quite a step up to hit the ball at the corners.

This is literally why so many fans go mad! I get the greater risk of hitting the first man when you go for a low fast near post corner but slightly higher, fast hit to the space in between 6 yard line and penalty spot are doable 8/10 times for for any competent player.... Then it is up to players to attack it. Got no idea what they practise in training. Just not got enough guys who are good in the air either or fast enough to steal yard on marker either. But if you don't beat the first man all that is irrelevant. One thing in their defence. It is quite a step up to hit the ball at the corners.
Used to drive my dad mad this. When you consider the balls that they use now and back in the day, it should be so much easier to hit 'a spot' in the penalty area. Likewise the goal kicking in rugby union seems to be getting better and better with players slotting them over for fun from all angles. The modern ball and footwear seems to make it easier for them, so why not footballers?

I was Alan Ball and He was me.....as if..
Was more of an attacking wing back when needed and more of a defensive wing back ...when knackered.
Though I did score many goals in junior football ...inside left was the position in them days...that totally took me.

did you model yourself on when playing togger for the school,youth teams,playground,with your mates etc,me as a "not so tricky" winger styled my game on Ronny Goodlass,even trying to run like himlol,although I wanted to be Andy King,he was like the older brother who you wanted to be!!Thoughts blues?:)
Mine was inchy and Sharpy and probably sheeds , I have a pair of inchys boots from 1984 I think the spurs home game , we got thumped 4-1 . I played in Ronnies charity team on a few occasions and even at his age , he was a different level .

Status
Not open for further replies.