Which director earns £350,000 pa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of points - from memory I think the articles of association only allow executive directors to be in receipt of a salary (I'm on holiday so can't check for certain but I think I am right in saying this).

So that excludes Bill Kenwright, Jon Woods and Robert Earl.

The only two who possibly could earn that level of earnings are Robert Elstone as CEO (he is a Board member but not a Director of the main company) or Kenyon who has the title of Commercial Director and Director of Communications, although again he is not a Director of the main company nor formally a member of the Board.

If it is RE then that is a significant rise from the £350,000 he received in 2013/14 the last published accounting period.

This then asks the question how the Guardian obtained the figure? Perhaps a leak from the club or someone with access to his HMRC files.
HR through payroll are the only people who have access to exactly what everyone gets mate in my experience anyways

Non story really. The context for Everton is that our highest paid Director is poorly paid compared with Spurs and Arsenal. Even West Ham's get more. Yep Directors get paid a lot of money, hardly breaking news though...

Non story really. The context for Everton is that our highest paid Director is poorly paid compared with Spurs and Arsenal. Even West Ham's get more. Yep Directors get paid a lot of money, hardly breaking news though...

The shocking things is that Elstone deserves to be amongst the most poorly paid CEO's in the Premier League and yet he appears to have total job security

This is TOTALLY wrong.

It's in the public interest.

Considering:

1. Everton's poor commercial revenue performance

2. Lack of progress on the stadium

What are we paying £604,000 PER YEAR for exactly?

FAILURE ?

@davek @the esk

Even if this information was obtained illegally, I'd back the Guardian in that its in the public interest and lifts the lid on the murky world of executive pay at football clubs. And over paying for not very much compared to other businesses. Therefore the disclosure was justified in the law.

This is TOTALLY wrong.

It's in the public interest.

Considering:

1. Everton's poor commercial revenue performance

2. Lack of progress on the stadium

What are we paying £604,000 PER YEAR for exactly?

FAILURE ?

@davek @the esk

Even if this information was obtained illegally, I'd back the Guardian in that its in the public interest and lifts the lid on the murky world of executive pay at football clubs. And over paying for not very much compared to other businesses. Therefore the disclosure was justified in the law.

I suspect we pay Hibbo twice that each year. If you're getting into the realm of value for money like.

Yes. But market rates apply.

You can compare Elstone with other executives pay.

Most businesses actually have to achieve things or their executives get sacked!

As outsiders, how much do we know about what Elstone is tasked with doing, and how successful he is at achieving those tasks? I'm not suggesting he's the messiah because he's quite probably not whatsoever, but equally there may be many things that he does that we're not aware of. Very difficult to stand in judgement of a man when we have incomplete information, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.