Where is our luck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate being an everton fan . I am a fan by defaulf worked in liverpool in 1984 wanted to got to R.S game they were away so went to goodison yesterday sums us up no fecking luck

Human errors cost us yesterday not luck! Gomes/Mina should have both scored and Pickford shouldn’t of done what he did!!
I’m not as mad as some fans over yesterday (yes it was heartbreaking) I’m looking at the bigger picture, and we are improving with footballing style and quality of players in squad, at a very fast pace under Silva/Brands... Very Good times ahead of us I’m sure!
This. If we come back Wednesday and beat the barcodes down, Pickford looks good in goal, this could just be a blip

If we don't bag 3 points against Newcastle, and/or if Pickford has another 'mare, it could get away from us for a few games.

We don't have luck but then we haven't had the mentality or the players at times for these big games either. You just know they will get a winner late on because they push and push and our nerves and desperation shows. Also we didn't take our chances those are the fine margins between good and very good teams. On Sunday we matched them it was just a mistake a painful one but at least we know we are building, I will take this team over scraping a 1-1 last year. We look like we are progressing but still have things we need to add. Maybe one day we can smash those arrogant reds. But I want us to be able to not just beat them in a one-off game but to compete with them and the rest of the sky six across a season again. That's the dream.

The footballing Gods, if they exist, don't support Everton. Is it just me but this derby defeat actually hurt a lot less than others. I'm not sure if that's because I'm used to them now or not or I've completely given up thinking Everton will ever win there anyway.

The footballing Gods, if they exist, don't support Everton. Is it just me but this derby defeat actually hurt a lot less than others. I'm not sure if that's because I'm used to them now or not or I've completely given up thinking Everton will ever win there anyway.

I don’t think Everton have given the fans even one good day this decade so I didn’t honestly expect that to change at the weekend. Most teams have had something to cheer in that time no matter how bad they’ve been, a shock win away at a big boy, a win over their local rivals, a last minute wonder goal. We’ve had absolutely nothing. Average Liverpool sides get more good moments in their worst seasons than we get in our best. That’s just how it is, you give up after a while.

No one ever did anything worthwhile without sacrifice and without being hurt.

Yes, last Sunday was sickening but that experience could and should be used to inspire this team to greatness. That was a team that got to the CL final last year, one which we’ve had a fear of for decades and we should have beaten them.

I don’t think Everton have given the fans even one good day this decade so I didn’t honestly expect that to change at the weekend. Most teams have had something to cheer in that time no matter how bad they’ve been, a shock win away at a big boy, a win over their local rivals, a last minute wonder goal. We’ve had absolutely nothing. Average Liverpool sides get more good moments in their worst seasons than we get in our best. That’s just how it is, you give up after a while.

Exactly this, the quicker everyone accepts we are always going to be the 2nd side in the city the quicker we can all move on. As above the RS are better than us even in their poorest season, the average attendance is higher and the revenue streams are nearly double ours, we will never even come close to be able to match the amount of trophies they have won! Everton do not have the mentality to compete with the top 6 in the league, we are miles away in terms of quality and revenue. Every time we come close to doing anything remotely good we muck it up. Even teams like Portsmouth and Wigan have managed FA cup wins since we won it in 1995. Teams like Leicester (twice), Aston Villa, Blackburn, Birmingham City and Swansea City have won the league cup since we won our last trophy, let that just sink in for a while. Teams like Middlesborough (Twice), Leicester, Birmingham, Bolton, Cardiff, Bradford, Sunderland, Southampton and Tranmere have all been runners up. We`ve been nowhere near it!

So excuse me if I don`t sing hallelujah its a new dawn when we`ve seen so many failures in the last 30 years, I`d love to see it happen but, in my opinion Moshiri doesn`t have the wealth to elevate us to the level of the top 6 teams and will be hampered by financial fairplay if someone came along with the wealth to put in to the club.......... pessimistic?!? Everton teaches you to be that way.........

you make your own luck , simple. we should never of allowed them to get to that position at the end of the game

I dont think it comes down to luck! Lack of quality in attack, proven by the fact we didnt score and lack of quality from the GK for the goal............

Make your own luck. Everton were holding out for a famous draw. And got what you deserved. Seconds away from victory.

D384A181-36E4-40CE-A729-BDE3D7BD02DE.jpeg
0A088A32-7250-402B-92FE-D5CE39633606.jpeg

A flair was going up in the Everton end just as VVD shot, to celebrate a famous draw. If anyone has seen the video it’s a must watch. As soon as he lights it the goal is scored and just hear all of you going off your heads. Very funny indeed. Thought flares were Koppite behaviour anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.