Where is our luck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey pipe down you
I’ll do the piping down round here thank you.

1543847066928.jpeg

Human errors cost us yesterday not luck! Gomes/Mina should have both scored and Pickford shouldn’t of done what he did!!
I’m not as mad as some fans over yesterday (yes it was heartbreaking) I’m looking at the bigger picture, and we are improving with footballing style and quality of players in squad, at a very fast pace under Silva/Brands... Very Good times ahead of us I’m sure!

Human errors cost us yesterday not luck! Gomes/Mina should have both scored and Pickford shouldn’t of done what he did!!
I’m not as mad as some fans over yesterday (yes it was heartbreaking) I’m looking at the bigger picture, and we are improving with footballing style and quality of players in squad, at a very fast pace under Silva/Brands... Very Good times ahead of us I’m sure!

Came to say exactly this. So, yeah...

Reactions: JLW
Unless we start winning these types of games we will never break out of the cycle.

We had enough chances to win the game yesterday, it wasn’t down to bad luck.
I'm confident it will come mate.

You need to take stock and look at where we are compared to 6 months ago. It's absolute chalk and cheese. We've gone away to 4 top 6 teams now and have deserved to get something out of all of them. In some we had big decisions go against us, and in all of them we created and missed some very good chances. We haven't been overawed, outplayed or overrun in any of them. On the whole, defensively, we have been very good.

Yes we only have a return of 1 point from those games, but such is the fine line separating us from those teams. Importantly we seem to have the mentality to compete now. It's just that little extra quality we are lacking and a couple of top signings over the next 2 windows will sort that out. Along with making Gomes permanent of course.

You have to say, who was attacking for the last 10 minutes? I know they were the home team so you'd expect it, but if we'd stayed higher up the pitch and controlled the play, the chaos that resulted in that goal might have been avoided. That said it was one of the freakiest goals I've seen.

We went there with a mentality to win yesterday though...

Just because we missed two sitters doesn't mean we went there for a draw?

The 'winning mentality' argument has been done to death and means nothing. Players have to put chances away.
I think mentality has been an issue un the past. But I agree that it isn't now. Silva seems to have sorted that out remarkably quickly.

For me, it's a quality issue now. The top teams have that little bit extra quality where it matters. It's not that I think we're that far behind either. A couple of top signings and I think we're right in the mix.

I totally agree with this point of view. It was Gomes and Mina’s first ever Merseyside derby too!

I think they have both done very well in the game.

I say roll on next year and we will beat them. Klopp is I believe is definitely scared of us, Silva and the way we are going as a football club.

Ignore all the ignorant kopite views today and let’s stick together for the Newcastle game on Wednesday.

COYB

Reactions: JLW
I totally agree with this point of view. It was Gomes and Mina’s first ever Merseyside derby too!

I think they have both done very well in the game.

I say roll on next year and we will beat them. Klopp is I believe is definitely scared of us, Silva and the way we are going as a football club.

Ignore all the ignorant kopite views today and let’s stick together for the Newcastle game on Wednesday.

COYB
BTW Mina/Gomes were brilliant yesterday but they should be burying them chances!!

Definately a higher power at work were the rs are concerned, incredible supernatural events taking place on a regular basis to turn things in their favour.

Definately a higher power at work were the rs are concerned, incredible supernatural events taking place on a regular basis to turn things in their favour.

No such thing. We need a striker and a better right winger.

....yesterday wasn’t bad luck, it was bad judgement. We need to stop feeling sorry for ourselves.

Spot on Eggs, we’ve got to get away from all the feeling hard done by, if we’re not being unlucky, it’s the refs fault, etc, sometimes we just have to put the blue tinted specs away in the drawer.

We missed 2 absolute sitters yesterday, and Pickford cocked - up, that’s why we lost, nothing to do with being ‘unlucky’

Status
Not open for further replies.