Where do you think Everton are heading from here ?

How do you think Everton will emerge from this current crisis

• This is only a blip, we've been here before, we are strong enough to ride it out

Votes: 49 18.1%
  • It's going to get worse before it gets better, but we will bounce back

Votes: 83 30.7%
  • It's going to stagnate us for a long, long time, better get used to it

Votes: 101 37.4%
  • This is the end, relegation will kill us off completely, roll on AFC Everton 1878

Votes: 37 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm involved a lot at step 5 in non-League Football (North West Counties League, been on the committee of two clubs and worked with the league too). What we see happening a lot at our level is clubs that come down from the levels above, really struggling to get going again. The reason being is you get a club that has just spent a season/season's regularly losing games and picking up poorer players, competing with teams who whilst at a lower level, have been bouncing around the top of their league, winning games and attracting the better players. Confidence of individuals and whole clubs is massive.

That's how I see the immediate future for Everton if we do go down. A club on a downer meeting a load of clubs that have just missed out on promotion to the Premier League or been promoted from League one and we will struggle against all of them. Anyone thinking there will be an immediate bounce back into the top flight is deluded and if we don't get our house in order quickly we could easily slip into the relegation battle to stay out of League 1.
The utter chutzpah of this lad. You have to stand back and almost admire it. He cant believe his luck this feller.

I'd like to stop selling my body to greasy old men for extortionate amounts of money, maybe a little cottage in a quaint village and someone that loves me for me rather than my staggeringly good looks and 17 inch penis.
So, basically, we're f...ed?

EZqN.gif

We always have hope if we stay up. If not then its hard to retain any optimism.

As before things hinge on recruitment, at all levels. We will just pile failure upon failure if we continue to recruit so disastrously.

If we can start to get that right, then the immediate road to becoming mid-table cannon fodder isn't a huge jump.

The best scenario I can think of is that we could avoid relegation this year, stabilise and not be in permanent crisis next, and then slowly build on that whilst continuing to recruit well and start to look up rather than down.

Promoted sides have gained European football in short order, outside the clutch of elite to good and well-managed clubs, the rest is all a bit meh. Just that we got dragged in this year. We have a penchant for going on winless streaks coupled with too much change and no period of stability, and this has extended and confidence shot.

Buy ourselves some stability and another big if, the stadium continues to take shape before our eyes and we can have a much transformed situation. The stadium is far from a panacea for our problems but its vital for morale and club development.

We will have to operate within tight budgets so Kevin Thelwell will be a critical figure but after so much waste, I'm not put off by that prospect. It would be great to simply be regarded as a well-run club again, operating within our means.

A lot of ifs and maybes there, the imperative being we are still a PL club next season. I do not want to comprehend what might happen if not. It's the footballing equivalent of nuclear winter for us.
Great post ?

I don’t think we can really start rebuilding until Kenwright leaves to be honest, and we can continually expect downward trends until then.

That’s the sad reality. We will never know if Moshiri could have been better without Bills advice, but we, as a club are too nice, and successful businesses don’t succeed by being “nice”.

1989: Kenwright Joins board - 2 years since winning a league, 4 since a European trophy.

Since then 1 trophy. No trophies since 1995, and a club stripped of being one of the biggest in the land, so a laughing stick after thought.

As has already been said, in the long term it will be mid-table obscurity. The days when a good manager and a 'golden generation' of talent could win stuff are long gone. Today you need financial backing to the tune of billions (or higher) and we aren't in that brackett. You need to buy the league now. Barring a Newcastle-esque oil rich takeover, we are going nowhere. Even with such investment, it would only mean being the best of half a dozen clubs (the super rich). A bit of a hollow victory? Who would have guessed that all those 'old farts' at the FA all those years ago would turn out to be right?

The next few weeks are probably the most important in our history,if we get it wrong and go down we may struggle to get back up,in the championship you have to get it right both on and off the pitch to get promoted,and let’s face it we been poor at both recentl,firstly let’s try and sign players other clubs want to keep rather than ones they can’t wait to get rid off,

I don’t think we can really start rebuilding until Kenwright leaves to be honest, and we can continually expect downward trends until then.

That’s the sad reality. We will never know if Moshiri could have been better without Bills advice, but we, as a club are too nice, and successful businesses don’t succeed by being “nice”.

1989: Kenwright Joins board - 2 years since winning a league, 4 since a European trophy.

Since then 1 trophy. No trophies since 1995, and a club stripped of being one of the biggest in the land, so a laughing stick after thought.
If we survive relegation, the club needs a reset from top to bottom. I agree Kenwright has to go.

Even if we survive this season, and it's a big IF, can we spend? The massive overhaul this squad needs to avoid going down next year will require serious money and I'm not sure that DCL/Richarlison will bring anywhere near enough in. I know some will say we can spread the payments but that just creates spending issues further down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.