Where do you think Everton are heading from here ?

How do you think Everton will emerge from this current crisis

• This is only a blip, we've been here before, we are strong enough to ride it out

Votes: 49 18.1%
  • It's going to get worse before it gets better, but we will bounce back

Votes: 83 30.7%
  • It's going to stagnate us for a long, long time, better get used to it

Votes: 101 37.4%
  • This is the end, relegation will kill us off completely, roll on AFC Everton 1878

Votes: 37 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm involved a lot at step 5 in non-League Football (North West Counties League, been on the committee of two clubs and worked with the league too). What we see happening a lot at our level is clubs that come down from the levels above, really struggling to get going again. The reason being is you get a club that has just spent a season/season's regularly losing games and picking up poorer players, competing with teams who whilst at a lower level, have been bouncing around the top of their league, winning games and attracting the better players. Confidence of individuals and whole clubs is massive.

That's how I see the immediate future for Everton if we do go down. A club on a downer meeting a load of clubs that have just missed out on promotion to the Premier League or been promoted from League one and we will struggle against all of them. Anyone thinking there will be an immediate bounce back into the top flight is deluded and if we don't get our house in order quickly we could easily slip into the relegation battle to stay out of League 1.

lol our aim is to avoid this a trap door into the Championship -

1648214068714.png
lol

The best I think we could hope for is something akin to Leicester. Not the bit like when they were relegated, but a once in a generation surprise winner of the league or Cup.

My worry is that Moshie and the board didn't learn from the experience of the season when they felt they had to get Rotund Samuel in to steady the ship. That should have set all the alarm bells ringing and forced them to re-evaluate the way the club was going. They didn't and here we are today.
We are in so much more trouble this time, I think moshiri will have learned his painful lesson now and this season will actually end up being the catalyst we need. I think we’ll stay up, more youth next season and be back to being around the European spots in 2-3 seasons. Whether we break that glass ceiling or not, I can only hope, but our luck has to be due a turn soon???

Status
Not open for further replies.