Where do you expect us to finish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can get one more high quality player (as good as Allan), we can definitely make top 4. Right now - we have a good shot at Top 4, but it ultimately depends on whether they can last the whole season. Its a tough grind, and we saw Leicester lose it way multiple times, even top teams like Arsenal, Tottenham fumble at the end when they play well for like 3/4 of the season.

We're also a dark horse for the title if Liverpool runs out of gas, Leicester fall apart again and Man City already showing its still inconsistent like last season.

We are such a thin squad at the minute that health really is the main determining factor. If we can manage 32+ league games out of all 3 new midfielders and keep relatively healthy everywhere else I think top 4 is certainly in play. More likely for me is 5-7, but you never know.

At the moment, Leicester, Arsenal and that lot look a little ahead of us in my view. As such, if we avoid injuries and can add a CB and assuming Gbamin is back soon for bench options (with Davies and Iwobi, Saturday's late changes showed we fall off a cliff relatively speaking), then 4th is certainly on. The lack of European ties is a massive credit in our favour in this compacted season too. Chelsea and City, still weak at the moment, could both change managers and throw further hundreds of millions at it to catch up. 5th is then possibly more realistic this season.

Top, however Leicester also looking strong. Just to play it safe I will say top 2

It's amazing how strong a side can look when they get a pen every time a defender so much as looks at your striker in the box. 5 penalties in 3 games is a absolute joke, United and Liverpool don't even get that.

Status
Not open for further replies.