When Everton showed some mettle

Status
Not open for further replies.
The derby we won 3-0 when Andy Johnson scored. It was made even better when that numpty carragher and Reina made a mess of what should of been an easy catch for Johnson’s header

I absolutely hate this idea of ‘bottle’ and mettle. If you want a load of lads to run round headlessly you’ll see a team that completely runs out of energy after 30 minutes, makes countless errors and most likely gets thumped.

Florentina at GP, stadium was bouncing well before the game, increased when AJ scored early, fumed when Yak had a goal harshly chalked off then the roof damn near came off when Arteta hit that screamer at the Street End to level the tie. Could have won it in ET and iirc Howard made a great save to stop them winning then we had the heartache of pens

Man u 0-3 everton 1977 league cup qf at old Trafford. Apart from fact it was worst violence ever seen after a game. My mates were too [Poor language removed] scared to go so I persuaded my dad who was a red! Just glad to get back to the special in one piece.

Florentina at GP, stadium was bouncing well before the game, increased when AJ scored early, fumed when Yak had a goal harshly chalked off then the roof damn near came off when Arteta hit that screamer at the Street End to level the tie. Could have won it in ET and iirc Howard made a great save to stop them winning then we had the heartache of pens

Didn’t win it though. We also fluffed a shed load of chances to win it outright in the match. Anichebe and Yakubu were so wasteful. As usual poor luck befell us as we didn’t have Cahill fit who would have snaffled up one of those headed chances easily. It was classic Everton. Failed gloriously. We haven’t got across the line with anything meaningful since 04/05. We just don’t make it happen.

Games where we turned up and tuned in...

Bolton away League Cup semi final second leg (1-0 win after 1-1 draw)

Spurs semi and United FA Cup 1995

Chelsea FA Cup replay away won on pens

Sunderland Cup replay

City away under Moyes.

Royle debut Vs the RS

Any other?

Yeah hang on mate I’m waiting on the bbc to get back to me with the film reel requests. Hoping to get a few examples to show you.

The best atmosphere I have experienced at Goodison, was in the gwladys street, as mentioned the atmosphere even before kick off was unbelievable. Yes we didn’t win but we turned up when we had to.

Status
Not open for further replies.