When can we start to panic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleepwalking is the word. I only hope Bill will act in time if Martinez continues to show no sign of waking up.

He will have to.

I reckon if this slump continues for another month or six weeks and Martinez is still playing tiki taka the taxi will be sent for.

I am convinced his half time team talk lead to the insipid second half performance today.

We were battering them for the last twenty minutes of the first half, showing a bit of aggression and a series of corners which had the Stoke defence at panic stations.

Corners, FFS....we were actually looking dangerous at corners :pint2:

He must have been raging at the sight of those goalmouth scrambles as we peppered Stoke.

Not his style at all :(

If we keep playing like this, why the hell not? I can't name many worse footballing sides right now in the Prem. QPR and Sunderland maybe the exception. Last season our one trick worked, now our squad is being shown up for the aging, flaccid pony it is.

Maybe in the long run losing today was better than a last minute draw. A point would have just papered over some massive cracks.

I would rather we got the point, though.....it might be vital come May and it would not have created any false illusions or papered over ant cracks, don't worry about that.

If we keep seeing these types of performances and continue to get jobbed by the incompetent referees, then I'll be panicking within a month.

The bottom 3 will always be a lot worse than us, so I don't think anybody is genuinely worried about relegation.

I think we're just embarrassed to finishing 10th - 13th this season after all the high praise we've given Martinez and the fact we also like him.

It's awkward but that's the reality of what can happen in football (very quickly).

We've become very stale and it's hard to see any positives at the moment. We've been here before.

Any of the bottom teams can beat us on any given day under the right circumstances...so Wigan mode would be on soon...but that means thrashing top 3 as well

Getting worried about the form of baines and Coleman to be honest

What I think we're witnessing is a complete lack of confidence and players losing direction and misunderstanding or forgetting the definition of their roles.

For example...
Goalies should be calm, commanding and assured - right now, neither Howard nor Robles meet these criteria
Attacking fullbacks need to be pace, rampaging and marauding - right now, neither Baines or Seamus meet these criteria
Central defenders should be strong, solid and have leadership qualities - right now, I'd take John Terry over Jags, Distin and Alcaraz and play him alongside Stones.
I could go on, but I think most will get my drift.

If we lose tomorrow and Hull beat Leicester at home they will be 2 points behind us and would have the opportunity to go above us on new years day if they beat us.

No Howard tomorrow as well, lack of scapegoats on the pitch to blame instead of looking at the real problems.

Last edited:

Maybe time has dampened my memory but i honestly cant remember such hysteria form certain fans when moyes used to have his slow starts

Maybe time has dampened my memory but i honestly cant remember such hysteria form certain fans when moyes used to have his slow starts

Maybe there was, maybe there wasn't.

But chances are if there wasn't its because after he'd made a few bad starts but always turned it round people knew what they were getting from him, you didn't have to worry cause you knew he'd turn it round.

Whereas with Martinez no one knows if he's turn it round, no one knows if he'll have us plummeting towards relegation.

Moyes history suggested he'd get us back up to the top 8. Martinez history doesn't, and if anything points more towards relegation due to his record at Wigan.

But that doesn't mean he'll do the same at Everton but the increased worry is understandable.

This has gone beyond a 'start'. And invariably within his bad starts Moyes had beaten a top 4 side at Goodison.

This has gone beyond a 'start'. And invariably within his bad starts Moyes had beaten a top 4 side at Goodison.
A few equivalent boxing days under moyes, 2011: 10th - 21 pts. 2010: 14th - 21 pts. 2009: 14th - 19 pts.

And i know the footballs been pretty poor so far this season but some of them first few months of them seasons made the eyes bleed

He will have to.

I reckon if this slump continues for another month or six weeks and Martinez is still playing tiki taka the taxi will be sent for.

I am convinced his half time team talk lead to the insipid second half performance today.

We were battering them for the last twenty minutes of the first half, showing a bit of aggression and a series of corners which had the Stoke defence at panic stations.

Corners, FFS....we were actually looking dangerous at corners :pint2:

He must have been raging at the sight of those goalmouth scrambles as we peppered Stoke.

Not his style at all :(
I think you are right Khalekan although I'm hoping/praying he can arrest this slump,as you say if this continues for around another six games something has to be done,the only consolation for me is I feel we have the one man already at the club waiting in the wings who can galvanise the team in the midst of a relegation battle...........................Joe Royle.

Status
Not open for further replies.