What's the best game you've ever been to, and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That brings back memories. I was in the upper balcony at the Park End, above the clock, which was unusual, as that was usually for the visiting fans but the ground was almost entirely Everton.

Brings back memories seeing that. Cheers @banno

If I remember rightly there were only about 200 BM fans in the ground and they were in the top deck of the main stand towards the Park End! The rest of the ground was heaving with Blues, amazing night!

I named the Munich semi as my favorite in my earlier post. That was mainly because of everything rolled into one (atmosphere, excitement, occasion etc.)

That season really was the best, and ALL my favorite games come from that seasons. Liverpool away, Luton semi, Sunderland at home, beating Leicester to go top of the league for the first time. However, if there was one game that stood out that season and defined just how good we actually were, it was the 5-0 demolition of Man Utd. I have never, to this day seen ANY team absolutely annihilate another team the way we did on that day, We were simply sensational, and could actually have score around 12 goals if my memory serves me right after all these years. Simply put, we would have beaten any of the best teams in the history of the game that day, probably about 5-0. As you walked out of the ground, there was only one thing on peoples mind, not if, but how early would we wrap up the title. If we had played that well every week, we would have won every game, and scored about 200 goals. It was an amazing thing to watch.

GOALS v Man Utd

FA Cup Semi Final at Elland Rd vs Spurs

The most unexpected result and performance i think i've ever seen from Everton against a classy Spurs side.

1995 Cup Final, only time I have actually seen us lift a trophy, that is closely followed by the Semi against Spurs the same year.

Another game is the Kanchelskis derby at Anfield.

If I remember rightly there were only about 200 BM fans in the ground and they were in the top deck of the main stand towards the Park End! The rest of the ground was heaving with Blues, amazing night!
I think we only had about 500 in Munich. Presumably no ticket allocations like you get these days.

I'm too young to remember us winning anything, so the ones I can think of are...

The Carsely derby, that was the first season I had a season ticket and it was boss.
The 3-0 Derby, again, because it was boss.
Fiorentina at home (until the pens that is), the atmosphere when Arteta scored was mental.
The Gosling Derby. I swear that goal went in in slow motion, but fck me the celebrations!
The semi final against utd. The shoot out was horrible. But the celebrations... Oh the celebrations...

I'm too young to remember us winning anything, so the ones I can think of are...

The Carsely derby, that was the first season I had a season ticket and it was boss.
The 3-0 Derby, again, because it was boss.
Fiorentina at home (until the pens that is), the atmosphere when Arteta scored was mental.
The Gosling Derby. I swear that goal went in in slow motion, but fck me the celebrations!
The semi final against utd. The shoot out was horrible. But the celebrations... Oh the celebrations...

Big question is, Titus, can you ever see us winning anything? This is a serious question, borne out of my frustration with how we've slipped down the pecking order since Sky...

For the record, I think we will win something again. Hopefully lots of things, but unless footy changes, this will just be the FA Cup or League Cup here or there.

Until football is no longer dominated by $$, or we ourselves have an owner with lots of $$, I can't see us winning the title or having any sustained success again

Big question is, Titus, can you ever see us winning anything? This is a serious question, borne out of my frustration with how we've slipped down the pecking order since Sky...

For the record, I think we will win something again. Hopefully lots of things, but unless footy changes, this will just be the FA Cup or League Cup here or there.

Until football is no longer dominated by $$, or we ourselves have an owner with lots of $$, I can't see us winning the title or having any sustained success again

I agree. Domestic cup yes, as things stand financially etc, league no.

Sad really, isn't it. That we've turned into a club that you think may occasionally win a domestic cup, but never win the title again (under current circumstances)

I wasn't around in 70 when we won the title, but people have mentioned the West Brom game as being one of their best games.

Similarly for me, I was at the QPR game in 85 when we clinched the title, and I can't remember much about the game at all (other than the 2 goals), but I remember the crescendo of noise during the match, especially the last 15 mins after the second goal when we knew we'd won it. and the celebrations afterwards on the pitch.

However, I missed the trophy presentation the following midweek against West Brom. Ironically, in 87 I wasn't t Norwich when we clinched the title, but was at the Luton match when we got presented with the trophy afterwards.

Both after seeing the RS celebrated as regular champions over those recent years, both occasions for me (QPR 85 and Luton 87) were fantastic, cos it was finally our turn. I'll never forget that boss feeling it gave me.

Little did I know I'd have waited 28 years, and counting, before it happens again!!!

I really hope you young blues who've never experienced it, will one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.