What's the best game you've ever been to, and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue_aussie05

Player Valuation: £8m
I'd imagine there will be a wide variety of answers here, depending on how old you are.

Mine would have to be the Bayern Munich semi in 1985, which was ironically better than the final. The atmosphere that night was unlike anything I've experienced before or since, and to beat a European powerhouse was a significant event for us. Been to loads of great matches, though. The 4-4 against the RS also springs to mind.

What was yours?

Discuss...

In all honesty too many to mention but Moenchen .gladbach at home was amazing!!!! European cup won on pens.
PS missed Munich at home and Rotterdam!! Long story sigh.

andy-johnson-2006-400x300.jpg

Aargh, it's like Sophie's Choice but with footie.

Too many to think through, but the Lee Carsley derby. Put us 3rd, 12 points above Liverpool but the game seemed to give us the belief we could get 4th.

Man Utd the same season was ace, as was the Newcastle FA Cup match in 1995 - that was an ace atmosphere. I knew we'd win it and be safe after that.

Gary Speed's debut was good too.

Loads, like.

Munich semi. Never see anything like that again I'm afraid.

The Munich Semi for the atmosphere, game and result. However for the shear torture and anxiety, coupled with relief, joy and one of the best nights on the ale ever , it's got to be the 1994 last game of the season relegation escape against Wimbledon.

Who'd have thought back then that it'd be another 28 years and counting before doing it again. To be fair, we haven't even come close to even challenging again in that time. [Poor language removed] knows when the next one will be, either

The Wayne Clarke derby in 1988. First time I'd seen us beat the Viet Cong and the first time I remember ever getting a hug off my dad!
Edit: next hug was when Michael Thomas scored that goal. I reckon my dad hated them more than anybody I've ever met.

As with anyone who was there the Munich semi, that aside hard to pick one, that 3 0 against Liverpool a few years back was something special

Status
Not open for further replies.