GrandOldTeam TV What should Everton do about Jordan Pickford and is he a long term solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know he has his own performance thread, but some interesting points here (and comments beneath).

For me, he's not the pressing concern at all, priorities are elsewhere but I also think he wouldn't be a massive loss to the side and could be pretty easily replaced.

Is it too old fashioned a view to say he needs longer arms so surely just work on high bar and swing exercises in training. Really work the muscles to loosen the tendons. Another 6 inches on each arm and he'd be perfect.

It's funny how the very latest favourites are invariably followed by cries of "we should have got him". The funniest has to be yesterday when somebody on here said we should have got Pearson as manager, but it is too late now. Probably said it as a laugh, I hope.
Out of interest I wonder where Pearson sat in the list of would be managers our fans wanted before Carlo appeared?

Southgate's could do us a favour by dropping him and so giving him a kick up the backside he might improve his concentration and decision making.

Pickford is not brave, he doesn't want to leave his line and challenge for the ball in case he gets hurt.That 'punch' against Newcastle was pathetic, a half assed attempt while looking at the potential contact. He cannot observe/read the play as it's unfolding and that is why his anticipation/reaction to threatening situations are extremely poor. Some of the things can be 'worked' on but bravery, nah, he's too mindful of getting injured and reading the game that's something a young keeper develops in their teens. It would be a very desperate club that would pay what we paid for him.

He's Ralph Wigam with a pair of Football gloves on. I honestly don't think he realises what's expected of him, he's off in his own little world which is to our detriment (n)

Status
Not open for further replies.