What is the solution to this mess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need more than that though, cenk in general is a pretty good finisher but this team doesn't create clear cut chances and he's not mobile enough to create his own chances.

We need a complete striker who can do a lot more than just finish.
I hope he does finish a few before the end of the season. We need it.

It's not a case of fetishizing the season,more a case of being a supporter and weekly having it rammed home that we are a mediocre mid-table side playing relegation standard football. If you can stomach the weekly feelings of total desolation,your a better man than I am.

Its something I always wonder - how do fans put up with stuff like this week in week out and shrug their shoulders?

Whats even weirder is the same fans who were up in arms under Koeman and Alladyce are the same ones on social media who don't seem arsed that we are playing worse under Silva.

Hypocrites or just living in fantasy land? I cant quite tell these days.

Last edited:

We have an owner and chairman who hire rubbish managers and lead the fan base on a merry dance.

30 years and still this fan base does what is told like some brain dead puppy solving the future of the club in fan forums while the owners sip there expensive wine and laugh.

Just no pride , left in this generation of blues

Here is to the next generation of blues with more balls and ambition.
30 odd years of mediocrity... That's the poison in the well.

Go ask a completely neutral person with knowledge of football what they think of Everton? Decent team, occasionally play well but don't win any trophies nowadays. Probably a good stepping stone to a team in European competitions. Look at Spurs, above the rs how many times in the last few seasons and until yesterday just 5 points off the top yet no one reckons them. To change things takes a lot of time and effort. We have to change the mentality brought on by 30 odd years of mediocrity.

We're not getting relegated. It's almost an impossibility.
But we are being dragged into it, which has to be a concern
If that gap closes to 5/6 pts, my confidence in this shower will become morefragile
I agree it will take a lot of bad fortune on our half

Nothing will get better,until kenwright is history,as long as he is at the club influencing any decisions,we're doomed.
I can't believe he is still held in high regard by the majority of supporters,he is the 1 and only reason,our once great club is a laughing stock.

How do we get out of this awful mess lads? I actually hate watching us, our fan base is split again and we’re staring down the barrel of mediocrity.

Do we sack the manager? And if we do who comes in next?

Our squad is filled with players who just aren’t good enough, we can’t even sell them. Because of this Moshiri won’t sanction any more deals. Sandro is on 120k, Schneiderlin is on similar. Mirallas, Bolasie to name a few. How are we gonna shift these deadweights?

What is the solution to all this?

For me, we need to get a manager in who gets us and gets what we’re about. I can’t see any decent candidates who could do this at the moment?
We need to bin off 3/4 of the squad because they are bottlers and they’re rinsing the club.

For the rest of the season I want to see us play 4-3-3. I want to see Siggy and Walcott benched or dropped. I want to see Mina get a run in the side a long side Zouma. I want to see Lookman starting from the left and Bernard in the side too. Maybe as part of a midfield 3 like Silva is used at city. He is busy enough and has the quality. I want to see us go man to man on set pieces and finally I want to see us beat Liverpool at home.

1 Train Set Pieces
2 ? ? ?
3 Profit

A summer sacking.

Appoint someone young, hungry and without baggage, who immediately gains the respect of the players. That's much more important than experience. It's not important.

Then bin as much deadwood as possible. Get our squad down to about 20 senior pros before incomings. If that means coming to mutual compensation agreements to tear up contracts them so be it.

Then we need to sign the following:
Keeper
Right back
Centre back
Midfielder
Striker
Wide player

Then we need to re-find our home form. Play pacy counter attacking football. And make sure there is a mentality there to fight for every ball again.

We also need to get our eye off the stadium and back on the ball. It's not important while our team is in disarray. The board are not concentrating on what matters.

I agree to an extent, especially up front. But as I stated in another thread, players good enough for top 6 with a decent manager. I even think Big Sam could have got us top 6 with this lot. His football is boring but he doesn’t stand for any crap.

These players are nowhere near good enough for top 6.

And no, Sam couldn't have got us top 6 with this lot.

For one, half of the team wouldn't be here as they'd never have come to play under Sam (Digne, Gomes, Mina, Richarlison, Bernard for definite) and two, Sam's crap. People seem to forget we won 2 in 12 under him as well last season.

A summer sacking.

Appoint someone young, hungry and without baggage, who immediately gains the respect of the players. That's much more important than experience. It's not important.

Then bin as much deadwood as possible. Get our squad down to about 20 senior pros before incomings. If that means coming to mutual compensation agreements to tear up contracts them so be it.

Then we need to sign the following:
Keeper
Right back
Centre back
Midfielder
Striker
Wide player

Then we need to re-find our home form. Play pacy counter attacking football. And make sure there is a mentality there to fight for every ball again.

We also need to get our eye off the stadium and back on the ball. It's not important while our team is in disarray. The board are not concentrating on what matters.

Agree in the main but not this really. That stadium move is massive for us.

What is crucial is having the right people on the board sorting the right things out.

This is why I keep banging on about Brands. He should be the mouthpiece on all things football - it's his remit. It should be his decision. End of.

DBB oversees it all, and Moshiri can come out of the woodwork every now and then - just not in anything to do with a football capacity as frankly he's clueless.

Then you have others on the board in charge of the stadium.

And that is exactly how the club should be run.

Status
Not open for further replies.