What is the solution to this mess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
...or, the DoF could have done his job and bought a striker.

Just like Huddersfield wanted it more...but we beat them...with 10 men.

For one team to be underperforming it takes another to make them underperform.

We just dont have cutting edge, and it places a massive amount of pressure on the defence to hold out.

I suggest we get a striker in (or a couple) way before we change the manager...it'll be a lot cheaper in the long run.

Totally agree we need a striker, it’s obvious. But that one change by Watford yesterday through his game plan and he didn’t know how to react. It was poor in game management again. It his job as a coach to react to changes, if the players don’t respond then that’s on them, but they continued with Plan A

It’s poor, very poor

Doesn't matter what manager you have when the squad is filled with so many useless cowards

This is the crux of the matter for me. I’m really looking forward to Brands punting as many of them as possible in the summer and freeing up the hideously oversaturated wage bill.

Punting Jagielka, Martina, Baines, Williams, Bolasie, Schneiderlin, Walcott, Mirallas and Niasse would save us about £600k per week and we wouldn’t miss a single one of them. Didn’t include Sandro because let’s face it, he’s going to hang around till his deal expires. Seeing all them lot binned would instantly make me feel better about our future.

said this a million times. theres no comparison

It's impatience. Look where we are. First season in charge trying to do things differently. We're midtable having gone through a firestorm.
Totally agree we need a striker, it’s obvious. But that one change by Watford yesterday through his game plan and he didn’t know how to react. It was poor in game management again. It his job as a coach to react to changes, if the players don’t respond then that’s on them, but they continued with Plan A

It’s poor, very poor
For the most part, coaches get lucky with a substitution. A lot of nonsense is talked about in-game reaction.

This is the crux of the matter for me. I’m really looking forward to Brands punting as many of them as possible in the summer and freeing up the hideously oversaturated wage bill.

Punting Jagielka, Martina, Baines, Williams, Bolasie, Schneiderlin, Walcott, Mirallas and Niasse would save us about £600k per week and we wouldn’t miss a single one of them. Didn’t include Sandro because let’s face it, he’s going to hang around till his deal expires. Seeing all them lot binned would instantly make me feel better about our future.
I do think all these players need to be moved on but two on that list have served the club well and have just got older and slower. It doesn't mean there cowards.
Leighton Baines and Jagielka were good players for this club.

How do we get out of this awful mess lads? I actually hate watching us, our fan base is split again and we’re staring down the barrel of mediocrity.

Do we sack the manager? And if we do who comes in next?

Our squad is filled with players who just aren’t good enough, we can’t even sell them. Because of this Moshiri won’t sanction any more deals. Sandro is on 120k, Schneiderlin is on similar. Mirallas, Bolasie to name a few. How are we gonna shift these deadweights?

What is the solution to all this?

For me, we need to get a manager in who gets us and gets what we’re about. I can’t see any decent candidates who could do this at the moment?
We need to bin off 3/4 of the squad because they are bottlers and they’re rinsing the club.

For the rest of the season I want to see us play 4-3-3. I want to see Siggy and Walcott benched or dropped. I want to see Mina get a run in the side a long side Zouma. I want to see Lookman starting from the left and Bernard in the side too. Maybe as part of a midfield 3 like Silva is used at city. He is busy enough and has the quality. I want to see us go man to man on set pieces and finally I want to see us beat Liverpool at home.

I just want a good manager, I’m not sure if this manager will ‘get us and what we’re about’, what is that? Please tell.

It's impatience. Look where we are. First season in charge trying to do things differently. We're midtable having gone through a firestorm.

For the most part, coaches get lucky with a substitution. A lot of nonsense is talked about in-game reaction.
Mid-table as we speak, I've a feeling we'll be looking at other scores before the month is over.

Not just subs Dave, change in shape to counter the opposition is extremely common. Look at Watford yesterday

Don't be silly of course managers can change games with substituions and in play tactics that is what separates manager's.

The Cardiff, Newcastle and Fulham games will get us 7 points, and we'll get a few more draws from the remainder.

It's not even an issue IMO.

For once, I wish I had your optimism! :D

At the moment unless something happens to give us a boost like a red card (& pen) early in the game we have zero confidence and zero defence to get a result. It's easy to see Cardiff lobbing everything into our box during the next game and we don't hold out much hope in derbies during good times. You'd think we could get something from Newcastle but if we don't we would be on the back of a major losing streak with 8 games left, 4 of those we're likely to get beat. The other 4 consist of 2 games against relegation candidates and 2 away games.

Imho the only way we don't get dragged into the equation is if Southampton, Newcastle, Cardiff and Burnley et al. fail to get close to our 33 points as it stands.

Now I don't think we will go down but it will be far too close for comfort and we may not get higher than 40 points this season which is a very bad sign.

I do think all these players need to be moved on but two on that list have served the club well and have just got older and slower. It doesn't mean there cowards.
Leighton Baines and Jagielka were good players for this club.

They’ve been great players for us, but they don’t serve us at all going forward. Their time has come.

No point sacking Silva and Brands should publicly back him to show the players that they'll go before Silva if they don't perform.

If set pieces really are an issue from Silva and his coaching staff and not the players then Brands needs to recruit another coach to help with this.

I understand why people are saying to sack him but I do feel like a majority of those people just jump to the conclusion of sacking too quickly and they don't seem to have an answer as to who we get in except for stupid shouts for world class managers, who wouldnt even sniff at us. Social media doesn't help and feeds into the hyperbole... Sacking really is not a working solution for us as has been shown since Martinez. Stability and a young hungry manager at the helm is key but Silva needs support too if his coaching staff aren't up to it or if there are holes in his system. Behind most successful managers there's usually a successful team and support network etc.

I honestly don't think much of the blame lies with Silva for this season and sacking him will only see us end up with someone like Wagner in which case I'd rather stick with Silva and let him get it right. Tbh some people aren't even willing to give him a chance. A good example of this are the statements these same people make about Martinez when they say he only done so well in his first season because of the defensive foundations and work rate left by Moyes, which may be true, but Silva isn't afforded the same excuses/ reasons. The same people aren't saying or acknowledging that Silva inherited a mess of a squad, cowardly players and players happy to pick up a massive wedge yet contribute nothing.

Imo he's up against it til we rid the squad of the garbage and start bringing in more players like Digne and Gomes etc but for that he needs time and patience. The players deserve grief and all fingers should be pointed firmly at them, four managers some of these players have now gotten sacked.

Mina is a problem we can lay at one door only: Brands.

Dave. My take on Brands is that the DOF role is one that nobody really has a clue what they do day to day. Right now I dunno if he is good or bad or will be good or bad.

However in all the mess a lot of people are hanging their hopes on Brands to fix the squad and have a better manager lines up if Silva goes...so until we know whether he is crap or not...like end of the next window... can you lay off him and let us dream a bit?

Just do us a favour Dave. Please. We are all hurting here.

Just pop in to the Brands thread with a Star Wars meme saying Save us Marcel...You're our only hope. Then leave it at that until end of the window and we still dont have a striker.

Pretty please!!?

The fans and the team need to fall back in love with football. Unfortunately with this manager and half the squad at the moment, this isn't going to happen any time soon.

No point sacking Silva and Brands should publicly back him to show the players that they'll go before Silva if they don't perform.

If set pieces really are an issue from Silva and his coaching staff and not the players then Brands needs to recruit another coach to help with this.

I understand why people are saying to sack him but I do feel like a majority of those people just jump to the conclusion of sacking too quickly and they don't seem to have an answer as to who we get in except for stupid shouts for world class managers, who wouldnt even sniff at us. Social media doesn't help and feeds into the hyperbole... Sacking really is not a working solution for us as has been shown since Martinez. Stability and a young hungry manager at the helm is key but Silva needs support too if his coaching staff aren't up to it or if there are holes in his system. Behind most successful managers there's usually a successful team and support network etc.

I honestly don't think much of the blame lies with Silva for this season and sacking him will only see us end up with someone like Wagner in which case I'd rather stick with Silva and let him get it right. Tbh some people aren't even willing to give him a chance. A good example of this are the statements these same people make about Martinez when they say he only done so well in his first season because of the defensive foundations and work rate left by Moyes, which may be true, but Silva isn't afforded the same excuses/ reasons. The same people aren't saying or acknowledging that Silva inherited a mess of a squad, cowardly players and players happy to pick up a massive wedge yet contribute nothing.

Imo he's up against it til we rid the squad of the garbage and start bringing in more players like Digne and Gomes etc but for that he needs time and patience. The players deserve grief and all fingers should be pointed firmly at them, four managers some of these players have now gotten sacked.
Absolutely spot on mate.

I hope everyone reads this.

Status
Not open for further replies.