What has been your lowest point supporting Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Wanting to sign the likes of Carlton Palmer showed when avenue he wanted us to go down.

He also wanted to sign Tore Andre Flo, who would have been a great signing.

Joe was really unlucky with the amount of injuries he had to key players between Dec 96-March 97. He never helped himself by falling out with the media, but I think if he could have seen that season out he’d have done better then the next couple of managers did.

Here’s a cheerful thread for a Thursday evening. My personal top 3 is:

1. The 4-1 derby defeat under Benitez last season when they all sang his name

2. The 5-2 defeat at home to Watford under Benitez last season when Josh King scored a hat trick

3. The day Benitez was appointed Everton manager
The day I knew this club had ceased to be the club I grew up with was the day we appointed Sam Allardyce, presumably by handing him his preferred brown envelope.
The day I knew that that club had died and was never coming back was the day Rafael Benitez was appointed.
It used to ruin my weekend when we lost, now I just shrug.

He also wanted to sign Tore Andre Flo, who would have been a great signing.
He did, but it was Flo who was stalling on the deal too and the fee would be increased- he was due on a 'free' a few months later, so not great foresight there. Good player Flo, but what was the plan? Him and Ferguson up front? Urgh, no thanks.

The shock announcement on a Monday night of the sale of Alan Ball was unbelievable. His subsequent success rubbed in how short sighted our board was.

No different to any other team, it's just Social media and how it is now
I'd like to believe this and think there's some general truth in what your saying, but we don't really know that do we, lots of other teams don't have the history and expectations that we as a fan base have, in any case the end of last year was a more critical and stressful time than now and we pulled together brilliantly, the speed of the deterioration from how special that was - only really a few months ago, is alarming, right now the most innocuous of comments on social media will 110% upset someone

I'd like to believe this and think there's some general truth in what your saying, but we don't really know that do we, lots of other teams don't have the history and expectations that we as a fan base have, in any case the end of last year was a more critical and stressful time than now and we pulled together brilliantly, the speed of the deterioration from how special that was - only really a few months ago, is alarming, right now the most innocuous of comments on social media will 110% upset someone
Well I'm on about 50 other team sites as I co run Premier and Championship groups, I'm a silent member though, I just read and get news on transfers, gossip etc,, the history of their teams just as significant to them. We couldn't really be expected to carry on the level of that support we had those last few weeks, it would completely change the outlook of football.

There was a limbo competition on at the bar one night during the match. Physically it was then for me. Inwas never the same afterwards. Physically.

Probably when we went 2-0 down against Palace, I left the ground admittedly. Thought that was it, we're done and dusted and I can't bare to see anymore.

I hope we're never in that position again. This season has been very stressful so far but the squad is significantly better than it was, just do a bit of smart business in Janaury and we'll surely be alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.