What everton player would you welcome back with open arms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cahill is a real Blue. Would bust himself up in a second if it meant we'd win the game. That being said he's over the hill- would love him to come back to the club in a coaching capacity, preferably with youth, but I see him going back to Aus to develop the game there.
Lescott and Rooney are definites who would walk into the team currently and I'd welcome them back with no hard feelings.
Otherwise, I'd really love someone like Carsley or Grav or Dunc. I want a madman. Not a partier like Drenthe. I want someone so hard and mental and eccentric that the opposition soils themselves on sight of him.

Last edited:
Rooney without a doubt.

Main reason is our team is crying out for a world class N0.10.
He would really make the difference in our team from being nearly men!

BILY

IT'S ON!*

Former Everton signing Diniyar Bilyaletdinov has been placed up for sale by his current club.Back in 2009 Everton paid £8.9 million to sign Diniyar Bilyaletdinov, a Russian winger who had already become the captain of Lokomotiv Moscow.
He had an exciting debut season, scoring seven times including a memorable striker in a 3-1 victory over Manchester United which went some way towards costing the Red Devils the title.

He failed to kick on and ended up falling out of favour, and then cashed in on as The Toffees sought to recover some of the fee they spent on him to bring in new players who could have a fresh impact.
He was bought by Spartak Moscow and now 28 he should be at the peak of his career, but finds himself placed up for sale by the club.
Last season played in just 14 games for the club and scored three goals, and is said to want out - blaming the club's artificial playing surface.
His dad told Russian newspaper Izvestia: "Unfortunately Diniyar has not managed to find his best level, and the reasons for this may be quite a lot. One of the main, I think, are his injuries he received in the first few months after moving to Spartak. It is largely affected synthetic surface field at the Luzhniki."
The paper also report that the winger is 'no longer in the plans' of Spartak, and coach Valery Karpin has told him it is in both interests of club and player if he moves on.
Whether Everton would take him back is just a hypothetical question at this point, but it's an interesting one nonetheless.
If the club would get the impressive player of his first season at Goodison then surely it would be a yes, but the inconsistent player of the following 18 months would not garner as much praise.
When he left the club he blamed David Moyes' tactics for his poor form, stating: "Naturally, it (the open football at Spartak) attracts me. This is exactly what Everton have been missing lately."
He did go onto praise the club, and his life in the country where he got married, and certainly did not leave under the cloud the press made out in light of his comment.
Which could make you wonder if the more flowing football Roberto Martinez is expected to bring to Everton would be more conducive to getting the best out of him?

A player who knows the club and has shown he
can
produce, and has a point to prove, with the Russian media reporting he could be available for around €3 million.

*its not

Although Rooney would make the most difference to us the one i'd love to see back in Royal Blue is Manny Fernandes - in terms of ability he was ace, yes he'd do some stupid things but that was almost part of his charm. Made things look so easy at times.

In terms of the past i'd love to see Mirallas wide left with Kanchelskis wide right, full backs would have nightmares. Loved watching him just rip past someone down the right and then hammer it in at the near post. Keepers shouldn't get beat at their near post but he'd hit it that hard they couldn't stop it.

wouldve been arteta untill that match at the arse when he went way down in my opinion with his antics, cahill had the heart but theres many who had more ability. for me would love to have manny fernandes back, looked like a superstar at times boss player shame he had that agent in his ear and a few bad injuries. would have yak back too, cool as a cucumber

Andrei Kanchelskis.

Kancho -- after he left for fiorentina.

Parkinson -- but for his injury.

Ruddy -- didnt do anything wrong and i dont know why we sold instead of loaned him (-thought this at the time).

Materazzi -- cult figure

Dacourt -- should have stayed for another season.

Dont understand Lescott / Rooney shouts, they dont fit the thread title. Both players put in transfer requests but would be welcomed with open arms.....no chance.

Ferguson, with the service Baines and Coleman provide now we'd really put the scares up an awful lot of the league - could play a bit on the deck as well dont you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.