What does Everton FC mean to you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton are still a draw to me, Memories of the eighties and that wonderful period in my life keeps me loyal and thankful that I experienced supporting a winning team.
These day's, not sure I'd have followed a top flight outfit if I was choosing a team . Sky and the whole manipulative money making package has taken the game away from me a little bit.
So Young Munster rugby is where I find and enjoy my sport now, passionate fans, honest 100 % players playing for love of game, no great stadiums, season ticket 70 euros, the " club shop " is a counter top the size of a broom cupboard ran by two ladies where a scarf a tie or perhaps an umbrella can be bought along side a 2 euro cup of coffee , mars bar,and the club draw ticket. Pint after in club house.
A blue always, but perhaps a more balanced blue.

Where to start? From a very large family of blues, go to the game with 3 of my brothers and my dad (who is 91) . Lived away from Liverpool for most of my life, yet still identify as being from the city, and a passionate blue.

it has been much worse, I have never seen us win a final at the game, only times I could not go we won, so I take full responsibility. During our period of greatness, I had three young kids and had to give up, as we lived in Kent and I could not afford it, as soon as I could we turned crap again. All my fault.

spent so much on them it hurts to even think about it.

I am so proud of what my club does in the community and I simply love going to the game. Win, lose or draw, I’m a blue. I’ve even inflicted this disease on my three kids, poor lambs.

...a good gauge is the difference a win or loss makes to the next few days of your life.

Yes I think that too, the further back i think, the more it actually meant, so for example as a young lad - the whole week's mood was dependent on just how we fared at the weekend. Nowadays any disappointment, the usual feeling, very quickly fades, expectations are low and i'm often completely resigned to another meeting with my good friend Mr.Despair anyway. Really though results are no longer anything like life and death but exactly the opposite, they no longer hurt at all, possibly they would if disappointment and resignation weren't such familiar companions.

How much of your life is consumed by Everton?
Does your life revolve around us or do they fill a gap at the weekends?
Do you genuinely get upset when we get beat or are you a bit meh about it?

As I’ve got older the results don’t really effect me as much as they used to, the euphoria of winning and disappointment of losing fades very fast maybe because ive realised theirs more important things in life.

What sacrifices have you made to watch the blues?
Right now......depression

• Haha
Reactions: JLW
Push overs , I would happily finish 15th next season if the team walked off every time we were blatantly cheated.

B4C54661-B24F-4AF2-85F5-D4B1D5056A21.jpeg

I'm sure like quite a few here,Everton mean everything and nothing, depends on when I'm asked.

In my younger days I used to absolutely despair for a couple of days when we lost, now I still get annoyed but not to the same extent.

everton is a way of life, win loose or draw.
makes us laugh or cry mainly cry.
then to make it worse you go and get your kids involved .
follwed them all over the country
Spending thousands missing family events for what MY FIRST LOVE. EVERTON
would Do it all again in a heart beat
You sound a lot like me mate, the things I’ve done to watch the Blues, hitched hiked, bunking on trains, borrowing when I needed the money for more important and necessary things, losing jobs, they were [Poor language removed] anyway to be honest, and at the end of the day feeling miserable ten times more than I felt happy, bringing my kids, grandkids and great grandkids up as Blues, but yeah I’d do it all again without even thinking about it.

I was born a blue. Through my grandad and my dad. One of my earliest memories before I really got into football was playing in the street and my mate running out to say we'd come back from 2-0 down in the cup final and then 2 years later getting wound up all day waiting for us to beat West brom only to blow it and I've been mostly disappointed ever since apart from the mid 80,s. But having said that I'm glad and I'm proud to be a blue even though most of my mates are rs and I've had to put up with them enjoying themselves so much all through my teenage years in the 70,s and all the other times. But my family come first then some close friends but then it's my love for Everton football Club.

Everton are pretty much the only football games I watch now, admittedly not as mad about football as I was. Kind of forced myself to watch us after the restart but I'm looking forward to a full season of Carlo and that full gut feeling of bitter disappointment every weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.