What does Everton FC mean to you

Status
Not open for further replies.
The older I get, the less arsed I am.

29 and known absolutely nothing but being let down at every single opportunity.

If anything it's gotten even worse since we have had money to spend. There was at least a kind of siege mentality because of the lack of funds.

Now that's gone, we're still crap but we've somehow managed spend a fortune yet regress massively.

Everton.

I see football and Everton for what is now, it’s just a game. In my younger days it consumed me and I’d sulk for days after a defeat, results defined me. Now, yeah defeat still hurts but an hour or two after and I’ve pretty much forgotten about it.

7EVO.gif

Not as much as it used to, will always want them to win but too much has gone on for me to feel as passionate as I once did.

My family my health, having enough money to pay the bills, and put the food on the table, then Everton would be the most important thing after all of that.Hopefully we might finally win that elusive trophy, sooner rather than later. But if we have to wait another 25 years god forbid, then so be it. I think events this year have put sport into perspective a bit. If Everton have even more lows to throw at me, then so be it. I'll find a way to deal with it.

It's like having a borderline criminal member of the family. You want to shout at them, shake them, tell them to get their *expletive* life together, but they're still family.

Status
Not open for further replies.