What can Everton do to improve the Commercial aspect of our club?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting angle from Bayern Munich. Obviously, they're a rich club, but seems like easy work to build up new fans in an emerging market.

Bayern Munich expand U.S. presence with youth partnership
I suspect it's easier when you're a global superpower, without willing to let our esteemed board off the hook. That said, we should be pushing hard for the American audience and potential fan base. And we should do it before people realise Tim Howard isn't that good.

Most of the replies on this thread focus on the global dimension. I'd be happy if we became more visible on Merseyside! You could walk all through Liverpool as a visitor and not know there were two clubs in the city. Yet you'll be bombarded with RS posters and ads, whether it's about their merchandise, their stadium tours, their mere existence....

I had occasion to fly out of Liverpool Airport this week -- to be confronted with a lifesize photo billboard of Gerrard and co on the stairs leading up to the security gates! Get through security, and yet more billboards, plus various retailers with shelves adorned with RS merchandise. In response there was one shop with a couple of shelves with small Everton stuff like key rings. Even the JD Sports airport shop has, after a spell selling the Everton kit, gone back to only stocking just a few old Everton t-shirts.

How we are still getting 40,000 crowds turning up to support us is absolutely incredible given the limited exposure of the club locally, never mind nationally or globally. It must be extremely difficult for the younger generations to get attached to and stick with the club when faced with a PR force as strong as that of the RS and with so little fight being put up by the club for their hearts and minds in response.

Most of the replies on this thread focus on the global dimension. I'd be happy if we became more visible on Merseyside! You could walk all through Liverpool as a visitor and not know there were two clubs in the city. Yet you'll be bombarded with RS posters and ads, whether it's about their merchandise, their stadium tours, their mere existence....

I had occasion to fly out of Liverpool Airport this week -- to be confronted with a lifesize photo billboard of Gerrard and co on the stairs leading up to the security gates! Get through security, and yet more billboards, plus various retailers with shelves adorned with RS merchandise. In response there was one shop with a couple of shelves with small Everton stuff like key rings. Even the JD Sports airport shop has, after a spell selling the Everton kit, gone back to only stocking just a few old Everton t-shirts.

How we are still getting 40,000 crowds turning up to support us is absolutely incredible given the limited exposure of the club locally, never mind nationally or globally. It must be extremely difficult for the younger generations to get attached to and stick with the club when faced with a PR force as strong as that of the RS and with so little fight being put up by the club for their hearts and minds in response.
This. I mentioned before on another thread mrb85 that there were no everton jersies or tops available in john lennon only a couple of seasons ago n now your telling me its still the same more or less ffs.Your completely right in that if you cant get things right locally how the feck are you suppossed to get it right elsewhere..
Kitbag if they are responsible for the overall merchandise promotion etc should be fked out of the club along with the load of kopite n manc employees(yes there are a fair few ive checked) who dont give a flying [Poor language removed] about the club n customer service in general.Rant over!

Could the club not bin kitbag and start out again?
Seems to make sense to me.
Is there nobody in the club with the 'cajones' to take this on? The kitbag deal was a lazy deal for the club

Was in Everton Two yesterday and the club really are missing out on a lot. Half of the upstairs is filled with last years horrendous badge, which when became our old badge any excess stock should of just been incinerated, it didn't sell last year its not going to sell now.

Also when in there I was looking for a scarf a standard blue and white one which says Everton or Roberto's Blue Army or something similar. They have 2 scarves in the whole shop both brown or black in colour and have a very small Everton badge at the bottom. A simple scarf with the club name on and in club colours is the type of thing any foreign fans coming to Goodison for a Europa League game would definately buy. Instead these fans will end up buying from one of the stalls around town.

We've been talking about how badly EFC markets itself on forums for many years, but nothing changes.

Matching RS' visible exposure at John Lennon Airport and downtown would be a good start and not that hard.

Reactions: obc

I think Bayern already have the largest commercial income in the world. Read about them pushing hard into the US a few months back. They know what they're doing alright.

I imagine they do, no doubt they understand commercial success. But that's not what's interesting to me. I'd guess that only 10% of Americans could tell you what Bayern Munich is, despite the enormity of their success. This effort isn't about training up future pieces in their squad. This effort is about training up future supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.