What a chance we have....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lien

Player Valuation: £8m
... to really make a mark on the top end of the league, in these 2 games.

With no disrespect to Blackpool and Bolton, we should be absolutely aiming for 6 points. Despite our poor first few games and the fact even after a potential 6 points our points total would hardly be that impressive after 12 games, we could see ourselves in 5th or even 4th place on Wednesday night.

Yes, I know, I'm getting carried away. But what a way it would be to push on in these 2 winnable games before a big test comes in the form of Arsenal.

I fully expect this to come bite me in the backside at 5pm tomorrow but hey, I'm feeling optimistic today. COYB!

I look at it this way. We finished in 8th place last season. We're 8th now. We seem to be over our early season spasm so I see no reason why we can't improve on our current position by the end of the season. That means we'd be in the Europa league, minimum. This make me happy man.

If we stay healthy and play our cards right I can see a top 6..

As far as this week, however; we need to focus on Pool cuz they're no pushovers.

I was as optimistic as anyone at the start of the season, we had an 'easy' opening with 'middling' teams and didn't take advantage. It's always how you do against the 'banana skins' that define a season. So yeah, CL here we come !!!!! b)b)b)

I cant see us loosing either of them . I think we will beat Blackpool and mabey draw againts Notlob but saying that we could eassly beat that shower aswel ,

So to sum up F.uck knows but i live in hope

Blackpool is no push over, but they are just the sort of team we like to be playing at the moment, alot of open space at there back and our counter attack would catch them out, after Yakubu scoring his first goal I could see him scoring his 2nd and 3rd tomorrow, dare I say it could be a hat-trick before Saha comes on to replace him.

I could certainly see Cahill scoring one and Coleman might even get his first league goal, I could certainly see this as a goal feast, we just have to concentrate not to concede any goal in the process.

A fantastic chance indeed, let's hope that west brom and/or spurs slip up and we can really take advantage.

I don't worry about the likes of Newcastle and West Brom. They're above us now, but they don't have the experience or quality to stay there for long. It's Spurs and Man City we should have our sights on. Liverpool and Villa should have their sights on us, imo.

Certainly is precarious that it's two newly promoted teams dividing us and the CL contenders. 7 points off the chasers (nevermind 13 points off Chelsea, they're playing in their own league) isn't totally unfathomable. Tottenham are their usual unstable selves and city, well, city without tevez is just about the only way they could turn more [Poor language removed] than they already were. I got faith in Moyes for countering Blackpool's tactics just right.

Oh, and i got Yakubu as captain on the fantasy this week. Crossing my fingers here.

Status
Not open for further replies.