Match Thread West Ham United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As Sigurdsson has had a two week rest since he last made an effort I expect him to put in a shift, for 30 or 40 minutes anyway. 1-1

West Ham will line up in 4-2-3-1 so I'd like to see us control the midfield as best as we can with Digne and Coleman more freedom to attack.

4-3-1-2
Pickford
Coleman - Godfrey - Mina - Digne
Allan - Davies - Doucoure
Sigurdsson
DCL - Richarlison

COYB

West Ham will line up in 4-2-3-1 so I'd like to see us control the midfield as best as we can with Digne and Coleman more freedom to attack.

4-3-1-2
Pickford
Allan - Davies - Doucoure
Sigurdsson
DCL - Richarlison

COYB

This is another good option, maybe using a diamond in the midfield and getting width from the full backs with a deep defensive midfielder to shield the CBs.

Pickford
Allan
Davies - Doucoure
Sigurdsson
DCL - Richarlison​

The one thing I fear is any kind of success tonight for the Hammers will once again kickstart the Moyes love-in throughout a few threads on here.
I don't understand the fascination to compare, Moyes has won FA whilst Carlo is one of the most decorated managers ever in the game.

Let's move on and get behind Carlos and the team in the quest to improve us and start winning trophies again, there is a new stadium around the corner and good time ahead.

The latest team to put in a magical mystery performance

Pickford
Coleman Mina Godfrey Digne
Doucoure Allan Davies
Sigurdsson
Calvert-Lewin Richarlison

Olsen Holgate Keane Nkounkou Delph Gomes Iwobi Bernard King

This could be 3-0 either way or anything in between just depends which Everton turns up.

Can't see us winning by 3 goals with the way we play! Even if we do manage to score I would imagine we would then sit back for 80 minutes and lose 2-1 after a series of defensive gaffs.

The one thing I fear is any kind of success tonight for the Hammers will once again kickstart the Moyes love-in throughout a few threads on here.
I don't understand the fascination to compare, Moyes has won FA whilst Carlo is one of the most decorated managers ever in the game.

Let's move on and get behind Carlos and the team in the quest to improve us and start winning trophies again, there is a new stadium around the corner and good time ahead.

Yeah but comparing the two teams and managers on this season alone I have to say Moyes does seem to be doing a lot better with what he's got.

Early days of course but I believe Moyes is an incredibly hard-working (and good) manager with some added fire in his belly after the United debacle which I think he was unfairly scapegoated and ridiculed nationally for. Glad to see he's bouncing back and showing em as he deserves it.

I support Carlo and think we'd be insane to consider sacking him but good god the football has been dreary and terribly disjointed this season and he as a manager he does have responsibility for that. I don't really care what a manager has won in the past as Mourinho seems to prove it doesn't always guarantee success.

Still hoping things will improve but If I was a betting man I don't know. Leaving aside the results I really dislike the way we seem to be set up and our mentality. The slow sideways/backward passing and the tendency to nurse slim margins when we're not even capable of retaining possession.

They will be much fitter , quicker and organised than our lion hearts its moyes afterall. Better than us at set pieces so there's that lifeline busted.

Do we have the quality edge on them ? Possibly I suppose. Can't see anything other than a 2-1 loss for the mighty blues.

I think we will win this and beat Villa on Thursday.... everyone will get the feel good factor again then they will let us all down yet again and lose at home to Sheffield Utd

i think we'll win this 1-2. pressure off.

shame we don't have lukaku anymore, he always scored in this fixture.

Status
Not open for further replies.