Match Thread West Ham United v Everton. Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be goals as both teams
Took me two bloody hours to get out of the car park post match and the clocks going forward meant I didn't get in till half three

But then again Everton utterly smacked the crap out of them, so peaks and troughs lol
I heard there was a good dogging site at the Olympic Stadium car park.;)

I was just looking at our away form and that was our 5th away win of the season, that's the best we've done since Martinez. That great 13/14 season we won 8 away games which is superb when you think about it. We've had a couple of seasons where we won 5 max so one more away win would give us our best away form in nearly 5 seasons.
Hello Fulham.....

If we win this and nick a result at home to Arsenal I think that newcastle result will massively come back to haunt us. 3 points extra and we would be heading into 7th 2 clear of Wolves.
Always look on the bright side lad don’t you
Look at it this way
The 2 points we took of that shower of scum across the park will cost them the league

A near perfect performance, I don't buy the fact WH were terrible, I believe we'd have matched most teams with that attacking intent. I think now we are playing settled and free we have a chance of getting 7th and nicking Europe. Take Walcott out the team and we look so much better. I have stated before, I dont get the hype about Lookman so to me the three across the line Bernard Iceland and Ric look good, very good. With two full backs causing havoc and getting forward we will score goals. DCL can have a good career but I'll post more about him in his own thread. I'd like to see us cash in on Walcott and Lookman and bring back Vlasic personally

A near perfect performance, I don't buy the fact WH were terrible, I believe we'd have matched most teams with that attacking intent.
Yeah, I agree - playing like that, we'd give anyone a game. Can't remember the last time I enjoyed watching us so much.

Well, that was [Poor language removed].
It was. I was surprised at how both the home team & fans didn't seem very up for it. You were obviously very unlucky to meet us at a time when we suddenly discovered a bit of form, but I still thought you'd come up with a bit more. To be honest, over the season our two clubs have been much the same, i.e. wildly unpredictable, and you have no idea which version is going to show up for any given game. So I think it's no accident that we're so close to each other in the table. But on the upside, you don't have a battle on your hands for the run-in like you did last season.

And why was Noble on the bench? Carrying a knock? I can't see any reason for leaving him out otherwise, given the difference he makes to you (plus he's the man you want if you win a pen).

Unfortunately, we've seen this performance at least 3 or 4 times this season, but managed to escape with a point or 3... Starting the same defense that conceded 3 against Huddersfield was asking for trouble.

Noble was out due to a bereavement in the family.

Pellers is getting a coating from most of the fan base and rightly so, this time. Our starting 11 was completely wrong; 5 of the players that started are unlikely to be here next season and have proved over the season they don't really care. Chicharito on the bench having scored 2 last time out, whilst Lucas Perez (who MP didn't even rate highly enough to take to Malaga for warm weather training) starting was boggling.

Our team lacked pace, players being used out of position, its really baffling.

Reactions: kev

Unfortunately, we've seen this performance at least 3 or 4 times this season, but managed to escape with a point or 3... Starting the same defense that conceded 3 against Huddersfield was asking for trouble.

Noble was out due to a bereavement in the family.

Pellers is getting a coating from most of the fan base and rightly so, this time. Our starting 11 was completely wrong; 5 of the players that started are unlikely to be here next season and have proved over the season they don't really care. Chicharito on the bench having scored 2 last time out, whilst Lucas Perez (who MP didn't even rate highly enough to take to Malaga for warm weather training) starting was boggling.

Our team lacked pace, players being used out of position, its really baffling.

Perez, Obiang, Zabaleta were atrocious.

Perez, Obiang, Zabaleta were atrocious.

Yep and no coincidence they are 3 who will most likely not be here next season.

We need a complete overhaul of the current playing staff;

Arnautovic
Perez
Chicharito
Carroll
Zaba
Obiang
Fernandes
Adrian
Masuaku

All these players are either at the end of their contracts or have been heavily linked away. All will need replacing, which won't be hard considering how poor they are, but with rumours that we have a poultry £25m summer kitty, I can see us struggling next season.

MP will be forced to sell Rice or Anderson to have a chance of assembling a squad which resembles something close to what a Premier league side requires, but that's just standing still.

In reality, the only players we have currently that are of top half Premier league starting calibre are: Fabianski, Diop, Rice, Lanzini and Anderson. Balbuena at a push.

Its going to be a slog to get over the finishing line this season, I don't think we will pick up another point.

Arnautovic
Perez
Chicharito
Carroll
Zaba
Obiang
Fernandes
Adrian
Masuaku

All these players are either at the end of their contracts or have been heavily linked away. All will need replacing, which won't be hard considering how poor they are, but with rumours that we have a poultry £25m summer kitty, I can see us struggling next season.

MP will be forced to sell Rice or Anderson to have a chance of assembling a squad which resembles something close to what a Premier league side requires, but that's just standing still.

In reality, the only players we have currently that are of top half Premier league starting calibre are: Fabianski, Diop, Rice, Lanzini and Anderson. Balbuena at a push.

Its going to be a slog to get over the finishing line this season, I don't think we will pick up another point.
Luckily you're safe (for now) as you say though next season may be a struggle. I've a couple of friends who are Happy Hammers,but like you aren't so chirpy about next season.

Just a quick message to advise this MotM poll remains open till 8.27pm on Thursday, so still time to do so if you haven't already voted.

After that, all the votes for March will be collated for the Player of the Month report to hopefully appear later Thursday evening/Friday morning ;);)

Arnautovic
Perez
Chicharito
Carroll
Zaba
Obiang
Fernandes
Adrian
Masuaku

Yeah it sounds like we're both in a very similar place mate. Fortunately I think Everton's investments last summer are all decent value for money which should put us in better stead for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.