Match Thread West Bromwich Albion vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn’t care less as long as we win tbh fella ... yeah quality lacking etc... but racking up points makes me happy
Teams that win the league tend to win games like that when they aren't playing well. Granted we aren't gonna win the league but we are right in there for champions league. We've not had our strongest team out since game 4 yet still up there so I think it's possible. Get a result on Monday and who knows

Let’s face it our last two games have not been good to watch but this season is about getting through it as best you can. Carlo has shown his shrewdness for me in resting players not suited to certain games and bringing in players like Bernard knowing we can potentially afford more passengers like him against WBA.

As much as I’d love us to go back to the early season version, that brings with it defensive worries so I’m happy for us to remain solid and unspectacular for the rest of the season if it means we have tangible progression at the end of it.

Let’s face it our last two games have not been good to watch but this season is about getting through it as best you can. Carlo has shown his shrewdness for me in resting players not suited to certain games and bringing in players like Bernard knowing we can potentially afford more passengers like him against WBA.

As much as I’d love us to go back to the early season version, that brings with it defensive worries so I’m happy for us to remain solid and unspectacular for the rest of the season if it means we have tangible progression at the end of it.
Well put post this.

We're certainly not the only ones with some mediocre performances this season. Man Utd for example have consistently been quite low tempo for parts of their games but often get bailed out by their quality.

The sheer barrage of games and lack of crowds are really telling now. Check out the amount of goals in recent games, look at how few cards there have been generally. Lower intensity and it's inevitable, so yeah you're right in the sense we need to just get through it best we can while knowing longer term we obviously need to improve and play much better.

I'd take ugly 1-0 wins that throw us up the table all day. It helps us get into Europe, which is what we need to get better players. Players coming here aren't going to say, well you really got 12 points out of some awful football last year. They're gonna say, you're playing Europe, Carlo is your manager, and James and other top tier players play there? I'm in

Finishing 9th playing pretty football doesn't do that.

Rubbish game - who's surprised.. but nice to do Hippo Face and stick him where he belongs (miles away from the Premiership). Take that thanks.. now for a stirring effort against Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.