Match Thread West Brom vs Everton. Mon, 28 Sep, 20:00 The Hawthorns, West Bromwich

WBA v Everton

• Everton

Votes: 242 79.9%
  • WBA

Votes: 21 6.9%
  • Cheese on wedding cake

Votes: 40 13.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funes Mori: Shaky first half, very good second half.

Lukaku: Absolutely woeful first half, brilliant second half.

Sounds about right to me.

Very good??

Well, I suppose he did manage to be involve in conceding a goal in each half, fair play to him for managing that.

Oh and away support was immense AGAIN.

Swansea away
Reading away
West Brom away

10 days, a lot of miles, 2 of them on what is normally working days yet all 3 sold out.

Superb and I know how sweet it is coming home from an away with 3 points tucked safely in your back pocket.

Fantastic support, best in the land and always has been.
This needs highlighting. Soz for the language but our support is [Poor language removed] immense come rain or shine, no one tops us.

Wow, that was one amazing match, a really solid team performance, and indicative of the great spirit and self-belief in the squad. Wtf did the fourth official get an extra 5 minutes from though? Joint motm for me were Deulofeu and the Rom, special mentions for Jags, Mori and Galloway, but i wouldn't want to single anyone our for criticism, despite Barry's wayward ball to gift them the opener. To get a result like that with a severely weakened back four speaks volumes for our strength in depth and our self-belief.

On reflection we showed them too much respect in the first half by trying to contain them and hit them on the counter.

These weren't Chelsea, Man City or Southampton ffs.

The most pleasing thing is that having given them a 2 goal start, ours knew they had the quality and strength of character to not only get back into but to go on and win it.

Massive boost to the team's confidence just before the derby, and bodes well for the future whenever we find ourselves in a tight spot again.

Just got home. Amazing come back. Showed some real spirit there tonight. The number of players we had who looked pants for the first half and then turned up in the second was unreal. Guy next to me abused Lukaku all game, apart from about a minute after each goal. Even when he went off near the end he was slagging him off. Can't stop smiling. Nights like this are what football was invented for.

In a beach bar on Maui 9am watching the match. Until 2-2 exactly like you mate just mouthing quietly and silent fist pumping. Third goal goes in and suddenly the whole beach knows about it. Missus was sunbathing 500 yards away and asks me later what the commotion was over by the bar earlier. Hmmmm didn't notice anything love to be honest ...

Ha ha, nice one!

In a beach bar on Maui 9am watching the match. Until 2-2 exactly like you mate just mouthing quietly and silent fist pumping. Third goal goes in and suddenly the whole beach knows about it. Missus was sunbathing 500 yards away and asks me later what the commotion was over by the bar earlier. Hmmmm didn't notice anything love to be honest ...
Sounds like the scenes at the bar in Croatia I visited.

Just got home. Amazing come back. Showed some real spirit there tonight. The number of players we had who looked pants for the first half and then turned up in the second was unreal. Guy next to me abused Lukaku all game, apart from about a minute after each goal. Even when he went off near the end he was slagging him off. Can't stop smiling. Nights like this are what football was invented for.
What did you think of the Hawthornes and the West Brom fans? I met a few that were vacationing in the States one summer - they were a friendly lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.