• Draw

Votes: 35 8.9%
  • LOL at the beaut who put me on ignore and can't read match threads

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
07-1.jpg

Nobody comes away with any praise from that mess.

It'll get better (I hope)

At least we scored from one as well

oh it will defo get better, if we as fans are sitting here going through mistakes, you can bet EVERYTHING that the players will be going through it all tomorrow in training.

Yep. Plus defenders who haven't been completely Martinezed (e.g. Williams, possibly Kone) will actually have recent practice at the art of heading a ball and defending a corner.

That being said, we won't be the only side that West Brom score from a set-piece against this season.

Oh yeh, Mori got totally done for that chance.

No chance he gets in ahead of Jags and a fully-fit Williams, IMO, though do expect him to play (alongside Williams) on Tuesday.

I think its cause hes the only one any good at headers in the backline so he automatically attacks them
If thats the case its up to jags to get goalside incase he misses it

I think its cause hes the only one any good at headers in the backline so he automatically attacks them
If thats the case its up to jags to get goalside incase he misses it

He didn't go for the header vs Rondon though mate did he? From my view he just got totally pinned back and the wrong side. It was really poor defending.

I like Mori and reckon he'll still play a fair bit this year but he needs to cut out the rash decisions to dive in. It costs us too many times, whether it's the oppo getting through on goal or just giving away a needless free-kick that will inevitably end in a chance

I'm amazed I haven't read anyone saying its a foul.

Blatant foul on the stek IMO.

Still horrific defending I suppose.

Yeh having watched it back it was a foul but in all fairness, I do think keepers get too much protection at times.

Going off the common standard, it was a foul. But really I don't think we can whinge too much as - like you say - the defending was awful. A good run / header by McAuley as well.

Yeh having watched it back it was a foul but in all fairness, I do think keepers get too much protection at times.

Going off the common standard, it was a foul. But really I don't think we can whinge too much as - like you say - the defending was awful. A good run / header by McAuley as well.

They do, but that is a foul.

Regardless of the foul, the defenders should be doing their job, I just dont think its fair to blame Stek is any way as he's been wrestled to the ground.

Well if we use this picture.

It highlights that it was infact Moris fault.

05-1.jpg

Being goal side is something you teach 10 year olds.

Agreed, shocking that he wasn't goal side, obviously in two minds trying to hold a line but you have to commit earlier and get behind.

Agreed, shocking that he wasn't goal side, obviously in two minds trying to hold a line but you have to commit earlier and get behind.

Thing is foul or not we still have to work hard on corners, somerhing the side are well out of practice on, will be watching them tomorrow, can be sure Mark Hughes will see them as a real oppotunity at Goodison.

Status
Not open for further replies.