Wes Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
good mentality and can do a job in any defensive position, not a brilliant player by any means, but if he's cheap enough would be a good addition to the squad.

gonna go out on my own here and say i'd take him. versatile(ish) and a reliable model professional. please go easy on me..

good mentality and can do a job in any defensive position, not a brilliant player by any means, but if he's cheap enough would be a good addition to the squad.

Why though? We have Neville and Hibbert at right back, and Heitinga, Jags and Distin centre-half, and I'd have all of them ahead of Brown.

It's just a waste of wages. If he could play left back as cover for Baines, then sure, I'd understand it, but he plays in the area of the pitch we literally don't need anyone else.

Why though? We have Neville and Hibbert at right back, and Heitinga, Jags and Distin centre-half, and I'd have all of them ahead of Brown.

It's just a waste of wages. If he could play left back as cover for Baines, then sure, I'd understand it, but he plays in the area of the pitch we literally don't need anyone else.

i don't disagree but i think if this happens it's got to be a major hint that heitinga could be on his way out.. also if jack the lad is going (which i get the feeling he will) we'll be needing neville in DM for the 30 or so matches a season felli is injured/suspended. plus, as much as i love him, hibbo can't have much longer in him.

The thing is Phil Neville can play just as well as he does at right-back in a left-back position, but then there's a vacancy at right-back, or if jags or Distin is injured and Heitinga is having to play in midfield we've got cover at cebtre-half

For the love of god, just no. No more over the hill Utd cast offs!!!!

Like an orange Phil Neville without the pointing and shouting

Some Roll Call TBF:

• Premier League (6): 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2006–07, 2007–08, 2010 -2011.
  • FA Cup (2): 1998–99, 2003–04
  • Football League Cup (2): 2005–06, 2009–10
  • FA Community Shield (4): 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010
  • UEFA Champions League (2): 1998–99, 2007–08

For the love of god, just no. No more over the hill Utd cast offs!!!!

Like an orange Phil Neville without the pointing and shouting

are you saying when we got phil nev he was over the hill? you certainly couldnt say that about howard. saha i'll give you. i make that 2 out of 3 deals being very successful.

Fcuk it... might as well get Senderos back whilst we're at it.

A big no for me. Agree on bringing through the youth tbh, the more we bring through the better. Giving the opportunities to these lids will only encourage more talent to sign up. We have a lot of players capable in his position already, no more than a rumor I hope.

Just to point though our defence wasnt crack last season or the season before, in fact we have had two of our poorest defensive seasons in a long time.

Personaly i blame Howard, but its only fair to look at the defence as a Unit.

Fcuk it... might as well get Senderos back whilst we're at it.

A big no for me. Agree on bringing through the youth tbh, the more we bring through the better. Giving the opportunities to these lids will only encourage more talent to sign up. We have a lot of players capable in his position already, no more than a rumor I hope.

difference is senderos didnt have any stones. theres a reason SAF has had brown on the scene for 10+ years

are you saying when we got phil nev he was over the hill? you certainly couldnt say that about howard. saha i'll give you. i make that 2 out of 3 deals being very successful.

Howard was a great buy, and the best keeper we've had since Big Nev (Martyn included). Saha would be ok if he wasn't injured every 5 minutes. Neville is Neville. A good captain, but a piss poor footballer, always was, always will be.

Howard was a great buy, and the best keeper we've had since Big Nev (Martyn included). Saha would be ok if he wasn't injured every 5 minutes. Neville is Neville. A good captain, but a piss poor footballer, always was, always will be.

neville isnt flash but he did have the worlds best ever player ever ever gaweth bale (according to hawwy wedknapp) in his back pocket twice last season. and his reliability allows coleman to go galavanting down the line without a worry. saha is prone to moments of brilliance and although we knew it when we bought him his injury record has been the difference between him being a hit or miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.