Weather or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin Sisland

Player Valuation: £5m
The BBC 5 day forecast has heavy cloud and temperatures of between 4-6C on Thursday.
I'm not interested in speculating on the chances of heavy snowfall by the following Monday. It's January, it's quite possible is enough.
But assuming it did and both of next week's matches had to be postponed. When would they be rescheduled to? What are the EPL / FA guidelines for choosing new dates?

With TV money at stake I can't believe they will be as vague as the old Football league when it was generally a case of the first available date whatever. I doubt there's a Norwich fan that doesn't still feel bitter about being relegated on the last day of the 84-85 season when after having won the league Kendal sent out a second string team to a 4.1 away defeat at Coventry, ensuring Coventry's survival and Norwich's relegation.

A very quick google reveals that the 1996 Liverpool-Everton derby was postponed due to a waterlogged pich and in 2006 Liverpool-Arsenal was postponed due to fog.

Just to repeat, I'm not interested in the liklihood of bad weather postponing one or other match , I'm just curious to find out how the EPL/FA will decide when the matches will be rescheduled to.

Fulham clearly dont have it, big sheets of ice all over their pitch yesterday, but most teams have it, but you know how it snows in jawdeeland. No amount of undersoil can clear 100foot of snow.

A very quick google reveals that the 1996 Liverpool-Everton derby was postponed due to a waterlogged pich and in 2006 Liverpool-Arsenal was postponed due to fog.

Just to repeat, I'm not interested in the liklihood of bad weather postponing one or other match , I'm just curious to find out how the EPL/FA will decide when the matches will be rescheduled to.

the '96 derby was cancelled not due to waterlogged pitch but due to a sewer collapsing at the front of the k**, the [Poor language removed] couldn't play at home for about 6 weeks or somethin', of course we all know that the reason for the collapse was the deteriation of the concrete on the terrace due to "the good natured folk who are beyond recrimination" pissing down the backs of the legs of their fellow fans. proving also that they play on nothing more than a piss-patch as well. so you could say the game was "pissed off"

btw it is snowing now, good reason to take a mouth covering scarf to the game lads and belt out the forbidden songs, the whole of the country is ready to take offence on behalf of the [Poor language removed], well fukc 'em all.

Quite thick snow but not sticking by mine...But a night match with snow/sleet. Almost like when we beat Arsenal :)

Status
Not open for further replies.