We will still finish 8th.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
We currently have 7 players in our whole squad who in my opinion are Premiership standard: Pickford, Coleman, Baines, Gueye, Siggy, Walcott & Richarlison. The remaining players are championship at best, and that is where we will be playing next season if we do not add a few Premiership standard players in key positions i.e. central defence and a goalscorer.
Behave yourself....

No way we finish 8th but so what? He has to be given time to rebuild, Many 2nd rate players need to be shown the door,

I think it’s going to be tough, but no one can say for sure what will happen during the season, this time last year all the pundits were predicting Chelsea would retain the title, the summer before Leicester won the league all the pundits tipped them for the drop and said what a huge mistake it was replacing Nigel Pearson with Claudio Ranieri. At the moment, anything is posdible

This is a huge overreaction. Players like Cenk Jags Schneiderlin Niasse Mirallas DCL are easily Prem quality. Not good enough to push us up the league maybe but teams below us would take all of these if available to them
I don’t see any teams below us queuing up to buy these players. I’ve watched Everton for nearly 50 years. Last season was in parts the worst I have ever seen us play. I will give any player credit where it is due, Jags has been immense over the seasons but we are talking now and he is no longer up to prem standard. DCL has had plenty of opportunities last season and he has lots of work rate but little end product. Mirrallas has only ever put 5 decent performances in any season, Schneiderlin - we haven’t seen the player that got that big move to United, Tosun is a yard off premiership pace and it looks like he needs 5 chances to score a goal. Niasse is the pick of the bunch and I would be made up if he got a run in the team and became a goal machine, but I think having watched him that is a big IF. Tom Davies burst on the scene with bags of enthusiasm and no fear. Sadly he appears to have gone backwards, and looks pretty ordinary. This is just my opinion based on watching the blues over the years and looking around at the current competition. It’s not a knee jerk reaction after tonight, I am taking into account all of last year’s performances too. We need a couple of quality additions to stand still (which is 8th)

I don’t see any teams below us queuing up to buy these players. I’ve watched Everton for nearly 50 years. Last season was in parts the worst I have ever seen us play. I will give any player credit where it is due, Jags has been immense over the seasons but we are talking now and he is no longer up to prem standard. DCL has had plenty of opportunities last season and he has lots of work rate but little end product. Mirrallas has only ever put 5 decent performances in any season, Schneiderlin - we haven’t seen the player that got that big move to United, Tosun is a yard off premiership pace and it looks like he needs 5 chances to score a goal. Niasse is the pick of the bunch and I would be made up if he got a run in the team and became a goal machine, but I think having watched him that is a big IF. Tom Davies burst on the scene with bags of enthusiasm and no fear. Sadly he appears to have gone backwards, and looks pretty ordinary. This is just my opinion based on watching the blues over the years and looking around at the current competition. It’s not a knee jerk reaction after tonight, I am taking into account all of last year’s performances too. We need a couple of quality additions to stand still (which is 8th)
I think a lot of what you say is accurate but still doesn't make these players not Premier League quality considering if that were the case given the amount of games we used them last year we'd have been near the bottom not top half. I think replacing Sam is enough to stand still

I think a lot of what you say is accurate but still doesn't make these players not Premier League quality considering if that were the case given the amount of games we used them last year we'd have been near the bottom not top half. I think replacing Sam is enough to stand still
I really hope some of these players prove me wrong, particularly the younger ones. I was quite impressed with Beningame (forgive the spelling) last year. Always looking to play forward, plenty of energy. Rather than wasting £50m here and there we need the home grown talent to start making a mark.

I really hope some of these players prove me wrong, particularly the younger ones. I was quite impressed with Beningame (forgive the spelling) last year. Always looking to play forward, plenty of energy. Rather than wasting £50m here and there we need the home grown talent to start making a mark.
Growing home talent is hard when you also want to compete at a high level. Chelsea and City both spend a fortune and have almost nothing to show. More reasonable is buy other peoples young talent, hopefully cheaper than Richarlison mostly, and go from there

One of the key reasons we finished where we did last season was due to the absolutely diabolical performance of the second half of the table.

We're looking at, at the very least, West Ham, Wolves and Leicester making direct improvements to their squad who could challenge that 8th position.

Status
Not open for further replies.