We have to get back to a four man defence

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've had plenty of times the last few years where we've had everyone behind the ball but still been conceding chances galore. But as a team against Chelsea they did well to cut off passing options and restrict the space. They weren't leaving gaping holes for for their players to just barge through like we've seen in games gone by.

Our problem was that we had no forward comfortable picking up possession in the middle of the pitch, holding off a defender and dragging them out of position.
That involves crisp forward passing though ......

We played a back four more times than we played a back 3/5 last season when he came in.
We did but it wasn't his preference I'm sure of that. We would have got relegated if he stuck to 3 but he changed out of necessity. I think he's now trying to get the right personnel to suit his 3 at the back formation

Ridiculous response.

Heard Super Frank is all about the four-nan defense. Give away a few cards maybe, but you can't say you don't love the snide patrolling the back line.

Hell%2527s%2BGrannies%2BMonty%2BPyton.jpg

We did but it wasn't his preference I'm sure of that. We would have got relegated if he stuck to 3 but he changed out of necessity. I think he's now trying to get the right personnel to suit his 3 at the back formation
Let's see what happens when we have the full deck of cards to play with.

I highly doubt despite the Coady signing that we'll see 3/5 at the back all th time. That just flies in the face of what Lampard has done in his career so far - including his time here.

Fairly clear with Coady coming that Frank wants to play his 3-4-3. The weird thing with this is that the wing backs are absolutely crucial for this to work. And we are playing it with 2 pretty unproven full backs.

Vinagre just seems a cheap back up.

Fairly clear with Coady coming that Frank wants to play his 3-4-3. The weird thing with this is that the wing backs are absolutely crucial for this to work. And we are playing it with 2 pretty unproven full backs.

Vinagre just seems a cheap back up.
The "problem" of which there are many, with 343 is where does the creativity come from?

Where do you fit in Iwobi for example?

The "problem" of which there are many, with 343 is where does the creativity come from?

Where do you fit in Iwobi for example?

Yep. Especially if the idea is Onana and Gueye. I liked the way Iwobi was passing the ball forwards the other day.

After hearing that Coady interview where he was pressed about systems it's quite obvious that he's been told that we'll be playing 4 at the back as well as 3/5 at the back and that he's up for it.

This 5 subs rule is going to require a lot of flexibility in formation as it seems to affect defenders more than anyone else. We could see a lot more changes in-game to the way a defence sets up.

Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 09.21.37.png

Status
Not open for further replies.