We could finish anywhere from 7th - 18th: Europa a no-no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
7th is definitely doable and i hope we do it but we have to be consistent from now on and no more self imploding and losing matches that we should be (on paper at least) comfortably winning. Not sure that is even possible with Allardyce in charge but i really do hope so. Having Seamus back and having a great link up with Theo is a big positive. Got to keep them fit for the rest of the season which will give us a much better chance.

Last night took us out of the relegation fight IMO. The bottom 7 will take points of each other so how they are going to effectively get 7/8 more points than us in 13 games is highly unlikely when they mustered less than a point a game for 25 games.

I don't think we will get 7th though, we are still very frail defensively and crap ourselves at the hint of any pressure which will lose us points but confidence will help especially if Mangala settles in.

8-10th for me which is dismal but hopefully the summer will be a rebuild with BFS and his cronies replaced and a better recruitment strategy

7th and Europe please. Every year consecutively your in Europe, the better we get at coping with it and the more likely we are to attract better players with prestige and wages.

This club needs to start thinking like a successful club and gaining a European place is to some degree a measure of success and progress in the right direction. If we get there, it's 2 years in a row, and the year after it might be 3 years in a row, and all of a sudden we have a squad of players with experience and a club infrastructure forming to deal with it better. Europa League positions becomes Champions League positions and ultimately it will translate to silverware.

I don't know who of us is expecting a Leicester City-esque title, but for us to get there, I think it's a long haul and if we get back in Europe this season, then we get over the initial teething stage on our journey to the top sooner. I have made an assumption that we will become a well run club with a long term plan in place and finances are in place to assist in this - which may or may not be true.

oh and get rid of Big Sam!

Europe always. I want us to be able to compete in any competition, we can't reach the CL so Europa is the next best thing, too right I want european football.

Think we should be swerving Europa this year anyway if I'm being completely honest, get the club sorted out first. It practically killed us this season.

I don't think that it was the Europa League campaign that caused us to be so utterly wank. The lack of management and poor squad quality would have still been there had we not played in Europe.

7th is definitely doable and i hope we do it but we have to be consistent from now on and no more self imploding and losing matches that we should be (on paper at least) comfortably winning. Not sure that is even possible with Allardyce in charge but i really do hope so. Having Seamus back and having a great link up with Theo is a big positive. Got to keep them fit for the rest of the season which will give us a much better chance.

If anything Allardyce has won the matches we should be winning with the exception of West Brom (who then beat a full strength Liverpool days later). Disappointing to lose to Bournemouth (who have just beat Chelsea) but even that one was a freak deflected winner.

West Ham (whether that was him or not we’ll never know) Huddersfield Swansea Newcastle Leicester all dispatched.

We’ve been uninspiring but when ysvecwe imploded? Draws at Liverpool and Chelsea. Decent outing in the cup.

Only game we ‘imploded’ in was Spurs away who also thumped Liverpool and United.

The anti Allardyce agenda is not fitting the facts currently.

I can almost taste it...

500_F_165857158_yPQirIue7hR3Vfno7jv7nQNqyQAMsb6h.jpg

Needs a two beside the seven. Then we'd be talking.

Wouldn't hold my breathe over Europe but I'm confident we'll finish top half. The league is quickly going the way of Germany and Spain, there's the top 4 or 5 and then there's just everybody else.

It will be an almighty ask to get Champions League now.

Status
Not open for further replies.